Mid-air terror bomb plot foiled (1 Viewer)

*hopeful*

HSC
well i got the same comment, lucky it was discovered in time....that would have been huge

banco55

HSC
Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Because of this Qantas has pretty much banned everything. Anything liquid, all electronics and even books. I hope this is just temporary because I'm going to the US later this year and I need something to do on the flight.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Community leaders could be the leaders of any community eg black power groups could have done it.

banco55

HSC
More evidence it was the usual suspects:

PAKISTAN has arrested two or three people in connection with the terror plot to blow up aircraft bound for the United States from Britain.

“There were some arrests in Pakistan which were coordinated with arrests in the UK,” Tasnim Aslam, a foreign ministry spokeswoman, said. She did not give any further details about the arrests, including the number of suspects, their identities or when they were arrested.
NI_MPU('middle');However, a senior government official said that “two or three local people” suspected of involvement in the plot were arrested a few days ago in Lahore and Karachi. Those arrested had links with al-Qaeda, the terror organisation blamed for the September 11 attacks on the United States, according to a senior Pakistani security official.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2308062,00.html

tempco

HSC
bshoc said:
how in world do you expect to stop these scumbags if you're too PC to name them for who they are: muslims MUSLIMS MUSLIMS.
Yeah, ok now narrow down the terrorists from the millions of Muslims (some who have Muslim names, some who don't, some who don't look like Muslims, and some who do, and ... etc) who use airports and other transportation facilities.

OGM guess what? IT DOESN'T HELP MUCH. Try again plz.

banco55

HSC
tempco said:
Yeah, ok now narrow down the terrorists from the millions of Muslims (some who have Muslim names, some who don't, some who don't look like Muslims, and some who do, and ... etc) who use airports and other transportation facilities.

OGM guess what? IT DOESN'T HELP MUCH. Try again plz.
Actually it helps a lot. Airline security would be nuts not to concentrate on males between the ages of 18-40 who look like they are of middle-eastern, south asian or north african extraction. Do a lot of people fall under that description? Yes but a hell of a lot of people don't fall under that description so it still narrows the field very considerably. Israel's airport security agressivly profiles airline passengers and consequently an EL AL plane hasn't been hijacked in decades. You don't think western embassies should be more careful awhen issuing a visa to ahmad of Riyadh than they should be when issuing a visa to Tim Chung from Hong Kong?

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
banco55 said:
Actually it helps a lot. Airline security would be nuts not to concentrate on males between the ages of 18-40 who look like they are of middle-eastern, south asian or north african extraction. Do a lot of people fall under that description? Yes but a hell of a lot of people don't fall under that description so it still narrows the field very considerably.
I don't see "Muslim" in your description. Again, as I've stated, there's no need to actively look out for "Muslims". It's pointless, and impossible.

In any case, it's obvious security will concentrate more on ME/SE/African-looking passengers as opposed to Caucasian passengers. If it isn't protocol, it'll be because of personal paradigms. Would've thought 9/11-paranoia died down. Apparently not.

banco55 said:
Israel's airport security agressivly profiles airline passengers and consequently an EL AL plane hasn't been hijacked in decades.
Lol, Israel. They're situation is completely different to ours. Personal freedoms are sacrificed more readily because of their circumstances.

banco55 said:
You don't think western embassies should be more careful awhen issuing a visa to ahmad of Riyadh than they should be when issuing a visa to Tim Chung from Hong Kong?
No, I don't. If checks were to be made for Ahmad, these same checks should be made in Tim's case.

Last edited:

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
People associate large scale terrorism with islamic people because in the last 30 years most major terrost activities which share similar modus operandi (hijacking planes, bombing planes etc) have been done by islamic fundementalists. There are the exceptions such as the IRA and the one off McVey FBI bombings.

How can you blame non islamic people of being suspicious of islamic people? I'm sure most people don't want to be but due to the media saturation and focus on terrorist acts that have been done by islamic extremists people do. People associate grand scale terrorist acts against the west as associated with islamic people. While this continues to occur average joe will continue to be suspicious, subconsciously or otherwise, of islamic people. Sad but true.

tempco said:
Would've thought 9/11-paranoia died down. Apparently not.
I think you underestimate the impact 9/11 had on the pride/psyche of the American people and the west. Really the world is now cut up into pre and post 9/11 and really it will be along time before, if ever, we are able to experience pre 9/11 conditions.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Islam is a problem. There is no place for it in western society. Though it is only a handful that are committing terrorist attacks that isn't the only issue. More than a handful have no respect for other cultures or more importantly laws. They think they are governed only by Islamic law and are even pushing for it to be implemented in countries where they are the minority.

I know that most people aren't going to like this but the only way to even come close to preventing something like this in the future is to make islam illegal and deport all muslims. There are absolutely no security measures that will be successful as long as these fundamentalists can so easily hide amongst the muslim population.

These muslim countries in the middle east, on a mission to wipe out everyone who isn't muslim starting with Isreal, are already a big enough problem without having to protect from attacks internally aswell.

We are not taking this issue seriously enough and I guarantee you we will pay for that mistake it is just a matter of time.

Valeu

HSC
I don't think that Western leaders/governments have any moral high ground when condemning terrorism. The West supports violent regimes in Arab nations, as it has done with Saddam in the 80s, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan and others now. The West has partaken in terrorism against civilians, including the bombing of a medicine factory in Sudan in 1998, and has gone on to invade other countries in the region for it's strategic/political benefit. Yet when the noble West does this it is always with 'good intentions', it is 'liberation' or 'defense', never terrorism.

The West should hold a mirror to itself in righteouss condemnation of crimes committed against us. Until the US, UK, Australia and others stop commiting crimes against others, crimes will be commited against it. Simply, violence begets more violence.

The only thing that was remarkable about 9/11 was that the West was on the recieving end rather than vice-versa.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
wtf all these unintelligent people automatically blaming islam, islam this, islam that, get over it. I have some inside information and the terrorists were eskimos from antarctica, they definently weren't muslims.

tempco

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Islam is a problem. There is no place for it in western society.
Why do you say that?

iamsickofyear12 said:
Though it is only a handful that are committing terrorist attacks that isn't the only issue. More than a handful have no respect for other cultures or more importantly laws. They think they are governed only by Islamic law and are even pushing for it to be implemented in countries where they are the minority.
- No respect for other cultures? Hello thar white supremists.
- No respect for laws? Go to jail, just like everyone else who has no respect for the law.
- Islamic law states that you should follow the law of the land you reside in.

What's so bad about wanting a country to be governed by Islamic law? Everyone's entitled to their beliefs, and if Muslims have this endgame in mind and they use the democratic process to further their cause, why should they be held back?

iamsickofyear12 said:
I know that most people aren't going to like this but the only way to even come close to preventing something like this in the future is to make islam illegal and deport all muslims.
Aren't going to like this? More like HAHAHAHA! :rofl:

iamsickofyear12 said:
There are absolutely no security measures that will be successful as long as these fundamentalists can so easily hide amongst the muslim population.
There's nothing wrong with holding beliefs that the majority of Australians don't agree with. Just as long as they don't break the law.

iamsickofyear12 said:
These muslim countries in the middle east, on a mission to wipe out everyone who isn't muslim starting with Isreal, are already a big enough problem without having to protect from attacks internally aswell.
Israel*

As for wiping Israel off the map, it isn't because the majority of Israelis are Jews. It's because of what Israel does.

Not that I agree with the view of a lot of Palestinian/Lebanese militants, but you got it all wrong.

iamsickofyear12 said:
We are not taking this issue seriously enough and I guarantee you we will pay for that mistake it is just a matter of time.
Oh, scarey.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
No, not exactly, Exphate - Hip Hop's rhetoric was sarcastic. It's pathetic (as always).

tempco said:
What's so bad about wanting a country to be governed by Islamic law? Everyone's entitled to their beliefs, and if Muslims have this endgame in mind and they use the democratic process to further their cause, why should they be held back?
The fact that there should always be a clear separation of church and state, and that within a democracy 'protected' minorities are accorded political equality with the majority.

There's nothing wrong with people pursuing their own interests within a democratic framework, so long as the rights of all are upheld.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
striving to be politically correct all the damn (oh no i said 'damn' :( am i not being formal? boo hoo) time is pathetic. Satire, parody or sarcasm, depending on the users intentions, is not pathetic.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
To baad it wont happen
I'm referring to the institutional separation of church and state, not the fantasy notion that religious groups and notions should play no role in the governance of a state.

*hopeful*

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Islam is a problem. There is no place for it in western society. Though it is only a handful that are committing terrorist attacks that isn't the only issue. More than a handful have no respect for other cultures or more importantly laws. They think they are governed only by Islamic law and are even pushing for it to be implemented in countries where they are the minority.

I know that most people aren't going to like this but the only way to even come close to preventing something like this in the future is to make islam illegal and deport all muslims. There are absolutely no security measures that will be successful as long as these fundamentalists can so easily hide amongst the muslim population.

hahaha your funny, im sure that making a religion illegal is going to go over sooo well..... export all muslims to where ? another planet ? i guess u meant to the middle-east but guess what theres a huge majority of muslims born in australia for example so where would u export them to ? it's stupid for any religion to want their law to be implemented in any country so i think that point of yours was just stupid, cuz we know its never going to happen

any normal, proper practicing muslim knows to respect the law and culture around them, thats the difference between them and the extremesits/fundamentalists

Valeu

HSC
but israel is a zionist regime.

You are deluded if you believe that those who target Israel are motivated by blind anti-semitism. When you and your ilk come to accept this, peace might have a chance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)