Minimum WAM for Law internal transfer? (1 Viewer)

lawipthelp

HSC
What's the minimum WAM for internal transfer? into Law from the Arts faculty?

I understand that it's the top ~20% of each FACULTY (ie I have to be in the top 20% of the Arts faculty). I'm in my first year and sitting on an 80 WAM, should I try and get it higher?
Anyone know what WAMs successful Arts transfers got last year?

Thanks.

lawipthelp

HSC
Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Nope, I called and asked. It's the top 20% of each faculty. So I have to be in the top 20% of the Arts faculty.
Well if that's the case, what I said has been the case for a while so we can't possibly know the answer to your question on WAMs of Arts students.

lawstu

HSC
What's the minimum WAM for internal transfer? into Law from the Arts faculty?

I understand that it's the top ~20% of each FACULTY (ie I have to be in the top 20% of the Arts faculty). I'm in my first year and sitting on an 80 WAM, should I try and get it higher?
Anyone know what WAMs successful Arts transfers got last year?

Thanks.
It's uni. It's pretty important, but it's not the most important thing. Make the most out of it, whatever that mean to you (e.g., keggers, hooking up, smashing assessments and setting curves, learning for the sake of it).

A WAM of 80 sounds pretty good, but if you can get it higher without killing yourself or otherwise compromising your quality of life now or later, why not?

Try e-mailing or seeing FoL in a way that makes you endearing and someone they'd like to help, even if they aren't meant to tell you these things for any number of reasons.

FWIW, IMO, top 20% is pretty ridiculous. Then again, other bases of comparison would have their limitations as well. You can't fairly and validly compare between, for instance, Arts classes and Commerce classes in difficulty or nature or whatever.

Last edited:

darkdog307

HSC
Don't think its 20% of each faculty, I think they take more commerce students than art students or something to that degree, they base it of number of students/ difficulty of subjects, well thats what the person in charge of internal law transfers told me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)