Mining (1 Viewer)

laney

HSC
how come first years got the outfits with their names on them?!?!
the dark blue with the stripes!!!!

i soooooooooo want one.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Haha, didn't you guys get one? I think we were sponsored by Xtrata Coal. Again, it was thanks to Jim.

Only ~37 people in my year.

laney

HSC
well i only joined mining 3rd year, but everyone else tells me that in first year they never got any costumes ;)

maybe if i beg jim for one and say i'm basically a newbie too, i'll get one.

ha, less than ~37 in our year and that includes all the extra transfer students and combined civil/mining students you get in year 3.

longwall saturday :D

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Coming? Awsome. Please introduce yourself, as I have no idea who you are. ;)

laney

HSC
heheh i'll try!
i get scared meeting people from here though :p
i tell you what, i'm going to be one of the people you don't know there, and i'm going to be wearing bright orange. mwhaha. spot me!

laney

HSC
hey zac, sorry that i'm really shy to talk to and i get freaked out by meeting people from online...even though i know they're not stalker, killer type people. hehehe. maybe next pub crawl when i'm drunk i'll be much more friendlier to talk to :D

i hope you had fun today anyway. i did! *cougheventhoughundergroundcoalminingissodirtyandyuckycough* :cool:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Haha, it's cool. I'll have to wait till June till I am 18 though, which is like another 2 months!!

Anyway, that mine visit was mad. I have been to a few open cut quarries before, and I must say, that was so much better than any quarry. And it was so cool inside the mine as well, a nice 20 degrees. Yea, your right about it being dirty, but I dont mind it as the temerature is so comfortable to work in. :D

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Oh we didn't get to see you move laney! It was top music!

laney

HSC
ha, me dancing is not going to happen.
me wearing a dress on the cruise was one step too much for me already :p
'twas fun though.

did you go to the rege after?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Nah, I was drunk enough as it was was. Most of the first years just crashed I think.

But dancing when you're drunk is so much fun! :D

laney

HSC
Not if you can't dance.

My mate spewed on the bus on the way home. hahaha. never gonna live that one down.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Oh come now, I'm sure your a great dancer. Just need to try. I suck anyway. Doesn't stop me. :p

laney

HSC
3rd years are going to beltana to see the longwall again, and then look at the open pit stuff, but i don't want to go.
my lecturer said i should go with first years to see another open pit. where's the excursion too? someone said it might have been Hunter Valley Ops. i hope it's not there, and it's somewhere else so i can come.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I'll check up on that for you. We haven't had Jim for a while now, he's in London or something. We will see him again on the 16th, so I'll ask him then. ;)

laney

HSC
ahhh i think i might drop him an email and ask cause apparently i'm on the list to come and need to get myself cancelled. it's a good place that open pit mine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)