missed by 0.4 getting into pharm usyd. any chance of getting in? =S (1 Viewer)

McBean88

HSC
according to the uac book, the cut-off for pharm is 92.55 atar. i got 92.20 =[...is there a chance of gettin in?
i've also worked in a pharmacy before..if dat makes a difference....

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
according to the uac book, the cut-off for pharm is 92.55 atar. i got 92.20 =[...is there a chance of gettin in?
i've also worked in a pharmacy before..if dat makes a difference....
That was last year's cut-off I assume and therefore it could and probably will change this year - either higher or lower.

With being so close you could get in comfortably, miss out by a lot or a little or get in by the skin of your teeth.

Why don't you ring the uni and ask them? Let them know this is what you really want.

McBean88

HSC
Thanks so much for the replies and thanks for the advice cem =] i'll go call the uni tomorrow..
thanks again! =]]

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
All they've done is given the equivalent ATAR for last year's cut-off. It could be lower or higher this year, depending on the demand/intake.

Over the last few years, the trend for the cut-off has been downwards.

McBean88

HSC
ahk just rang the uni and all i got was this lady advising me on wat to do (without ever asking for my name/uac no.)
ie. if i don't get into pharm i should do a Science degree then transfer after a year...
how exactly do u leave an impression? i'm getting the feeling dat personal interest in a course isn't taken into account =_='...

KarmaKitten

HSC
ahk just rang the uni and all i got was this lady advising me on wat to do (without ever asking for my name/uac no.)
ie. if i don't get into pharm i should do a Science degree then transfer after a year...
how exactly do u leave an impression? i'm getting the feeling dat personal interest in a course isn't taken into account =_='...
What did you expect? That you could simply ring in and then suddenly some sympathetic person would allow you to enter a course simply because you we're nice enough even though the offers haven't even come out yet?

Of course not. You're just going to have to wait till the offers come out. If you make it good, if you don't, bad luck and try different alternatives if you really want to get into pharmacy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)