Mktg1002 (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
How's everyone going with that thing due fucking next week!
We really need more time. We have done 12 interviews, though. Sexy time...yeah.
And i want my mid-sem mark.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hey kids. results are up. Iain didn't put a notice up, but you can access them by going through the 'view grades' link.
mark is really out of 10, not out of 100.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Iain 2 weeks ago: you will get your group project back next week.
Last week Monday tutor: you should be getting them at the end of this week.
Iain Last week Thursday: you should get them in tutes next week.
Tutor Monday: Umm..I don't have them. They're all marked though?

Looking forward to what the Iain has to say on thursday. I want my fucking mark back. Dang homosexuals.

Matthew Morris

HSC
Hello everyone,

I know this isn't completely related to the thread, but if you would like to take part in some real marketing research (for a honours thesis, supervised by Dr Black) go to:

www.boredofstudies.org/james/morris

I would be very appreciative if you were able to participate in it. It will take no more than 15 mins of your time (which can be alot of time, especially when an assignment deadline is approaching).

Every participant I get makes a big big difference!!!

Thankyou,

Matthew

stazi

Nightman
HSC
damn it. still havent gotten them back. 3 weeks since we were going to receive them.

matthew, what kind of marks did you need for honours

Matthew Morris

HSC
You need a weighted average mark of 75 or above to be considered for marketing honours, plus you also have to complete a set of questions which are used in the selection process. I did a marketing major and got D's for each marketing course (some people think that getting a marketing D isnt very difficult). However, I did three majors rather than the usual two (with those majors being economics, finance and marketing). For these other majors, I was getting mainly D's and the occassional C in 2nd and 3rd year.

Hope that helps,

Matty

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Is that a WAM across all your subjects or just marketing?

Thanks for your help, btw.
Also do you know aprox how many people do marketing honours.

Matthew Morris

HSC
WAM across all subjects (and I would expect that your marketing marks would need to be fairly solid).

This year, we have 7 people in our honours group. The number of people that do honours is not fixed as far as I know. The number is determined based upon the quality of the applicants and the number of applicants.

Matthew Morris

HSC
Btw, 7 is a pretty big group, in comparison to previous years. For instance, the 2004 honours year had only 2 people.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
What kind of extra opportunities would an honours year offer careers-wise for marketers.

I think it shouldn't really be a problem getting the marks. i was on 75 for semester 1 and should get about 83 for this semester based on current marks and expectations. Topping consumer behaviour and in contention to top marketing research 1 :)

Would I need to use SPSS and data analysis for the thesis, as i won't be taking marketing research 2 (we dont have to do it anymore with the revised major)? How many words is the thesis?

Matthew Morris

HSC
12 to 15,000. This size isnt really the scary part. The more worrying aspect of the thesis, when it comes to writing it up, is the fact that it has to be well argued. Everything must fit together in a cohesive fashion. The quality is of a completely different level to the essays that are done in first to third year.

Hence, I need as many people to complete this experiment. It is definitely for a good cause. Make sure you can get some people to do it, even if it is just one friend.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
What kind of extra opportunities would an honours year offer careers-wise for marketers.

Matthew Morris

HSC
Doing a marketing honours, like any honours, is a great grounding if you want to do further study (e.g. Masters or PhD). The skills you learn from doing a Marketing Honours are especially helpful if you want a career that relies alot on research or the use of statistics. If you do a thesis in a particular area (e.g. sports marketing), the thesis would make you extremely attractive to potential employers who were in that specific industry.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so if i wanted to become an account executive for an advertising agency or a brand manager, it wouldn't be that useful?

Matthew Morris

HSC
On the contrary, it would not hurt your chance of getting one of these jobs by doing an honours.

avster

HSC
hows everyone going with their marketing 1002 study?
what do people think the 2 questions will consist of?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
avster, going ok. 50% done i'd say. hopefully will be 80% by midnight.
one of the questions will be customer satisfaction questionnaire design.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)