Modern Assessment (1 Viewer)

DjSmiG

HSC
i just got one, if any one wants to help me out:)

Part A Essay: Account for the growth of social conservatism and ati-communism in US society during the 1920s. 3 examples of historiography and include wat prominent historians have to say on the topic

Part B a speech
Franklin D Roosevelt is my character prepare a 3-4 minute speech from the perspective of your character

explain your personal background and your relationship with mr John Edgar Hoover (F.B.I)

and make an assessment of J Edgar Hoover's contribution to American Law Enforcement

cheers any sites or info would be greatly appreciated

roseangel

Take the Money and Run
HSC
Heh... Well, I'll try and help.

Part A: Social conservatism basically arose out of a desire to go back to what people of the time saw as the good old fashioned all-American values. Conservatism, by definition, was basically a reaction against developments in US society. Examples of social conservatism included:

* The Republican Ascedency
* A huge campaign against communism- led to the ‘red scare’ and attacks on anyone with communist beliefs
* The Scopes (Money) trial and a desire to influence education policy and prevent rise in unchristian ideas
* Lessened immigration and a strict quota system
* Laissez faire policies at home and protective tariffs abroad
* Attacks on unions and government social policies

If you want more information on any of these, just ask. I'm sure my notes are still on my computer somewhere.

Part B: J E Hoover's contribution to American law enforcement pretty much falls under the following headings:

* Reorganisation of the FBI (and in doing so he changed the way it was perceived)
* His relentless drive against communism
* His work against organised crime (he popularised the idea of the ‘Ten Most Wanted’ criminals as a publicity ploy and went out and captured small name criminals to enjoy some success. But despite the gangs his favourite target was still anyone suspected of communist activity.)
* The surveillance operations he put in place (he had secret files on everyone)

DjSmiG

HSC
can anyone please help me with this assignment or give me links and stuff much apprectiated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)