modern history subjects (1 Viewer)

philzy

HSC
hey every1 doing modern history, 2day i had my 1st period and i found out wat we r doin 4 the year. unfortunately it wasnt wat i was anticipating. i wanted to do russian and german topics but 80 per cent of it is all american such as usa 4 national study some american personality and the trans atlantic slave tradewhich is a shame. so wat subjects r other ppl doin for the next 2 years.

slowjam10

HSC
we are doing the world at the start of the 20Th Century, 19th Century Russia and Indo-China to 1954 and we get to do a Personal Interest Project next term.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
French, Industrial and Russian Revolutions, Decolonisation in Indochina, and my own personality Project in term 2. This is gonna be good :) But I only have 8 people in my class :(

philzy

HSC
french, russian revolution, 19th century russia . gees u r lucky ppl. my teacher says she knows german topics but she says it is done by a fair majority of all cnadidates taken modern history. and then she said that usa is done by less than 1000 ppl and we hav some kind of advantage lol. i dnt really see the advantage lol. you guys r so lucky. so do you rekon i hav an advantage by doing a country that is rarely done.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The advantage you have in doing a subject that is done by less people, is that you're only being compared to the other 1000 people doing it. So you'll end up looking a lot better, and markers are less likely to be thinking "oh god, another Germany essay", where you really have to find brilliant points to be noticed. A smaller candidature means you have a lot more freedom within your studies.

philzy

HSC
so wat r the 5 most popular countries to study.

yosemite sam

HSC
we did rise and fall of the romanovs, cuban missile crisis or revolution or whatever, indochina and a bit on the irish easter rebellion for yr 11 plus an interest study (i did the extinction of the moriori people of new zealand and the rapanui people of easter island) and this year we are doing wwI (obviously), russia for our national study, trotsky for our personality and then indochina again. it made sense for us to do russia and indochina again because we already got the background info last year, which is probly why the teacher did those last year, so we'd be better prepared this year. yes?

sallylouise

HSC
well in yr 11 i done the world at the beginning of the 20th century, the russian revolution and started Indochina. Now i am just finishing Indochina, then i will be doing Germany from 1918-1939, WW1 and a German Personality as an assessement.

As for doing a part of the course that hardly anyone does like America it could be an advantage for you but you would like all of us have to work hard to get the marks.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Depends on what year you are talking about. It really depends on the school also because they choose the topics and usually once chosen they re-teach the same topics each year.

In preliminary I did Russia, Civil Rights Movement, Personality Study, Cuba and World at the Beginning of the 20th century.

In HSC I did World War I, 20th Century Germany, Personality Study (Leni Riefenstahl) and Indochina.

I myself wasn’t much of a fan of preliminary Modern History, it was alright but in HSC year everything was way better (in terms of topics, options and interclass relations).

philzy

HSC
so do we get a choice on wat to do that is just our decision.

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
My class are starting on the decline and fall of the Romanov Dynasty and later with the origins of the Arab-Israeli Conflict. For the personal interest project, I've decided to do the making of modern South Africa. I think next year we're doing the world at the beginning of the 20th century.

philzy

HSC
do we get to hav a pip r u sure and wen do we do it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No the teacher chooses your subjects.

Hmm you will do a personality study in preliminary and year 12 (what the assessment is up to the school).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)