Modern rock is pathetic, we rule - Kiss (1 Viewer)

Are they right?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

esquared

HSC
the problem with "classic rock" types is that they keep asking who is going to be the next "legend" rock and roll band, but won't accept a throwback retro band like wolfmother.

but they also won't acknowledge music from genres that show a progression from the 70s (ie. radiohead et al).

so all we really get is a bunch of jaded classic-obsessives whining on and on and on about how music will never be the same again, while all around them there are thousands of bands progressing and making incredible music.

music is in as healthy a state as it has ever been, y'all just need to stop searching for another beatles. the internet age and the extremes that music has gone to since then mean that no band will ever be so unanimous ever again.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
yes exactly right - if you think music's in shitty shape you obv. are not looking hard enough. heck, you're all not even trying, are ya????

where ya been anyhow esquared?

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Gene has a point, but in this day and age, with the internets, it's almost impossible to have another totally revolutionary band. Music, bands...well media in general is so accessible nowadays, it's hard for a single act to really stick out anymore. Plus the genre of rock/metal has evolved into so many sub-genres, so it's also hard to find an act that will encompass the entire 'rock/metal' scene.

There are heaps of great rock/metal acts out there, you just have to know where to look...or rather where not to look (mainstream).

esquared

HSC
runtlocks said:
yes exactly right - if you think music's in shitty shape you obv. are not looking hard enough. heck, you're all not even trying, are ya????

where ya been anyhow esquared?
very well thankyou. how about you?

Cam O

HSC
This is awesome talk
Can't tell you how sick to death I am listening to my 15 year old sister tell me how awesome and rockin bands like Fall out Boy, Panic at the disco, death cab for cutie are (I don't even know who that last band is, apparently they're popular)
I'm trying to make a stand against all that crap by not turning on mtv or channel v
Mad Kiss fan though, with others like zeppelin, ratm, van halen, aerosmith. Bands that rock

But for modern, Velvet Revolver is sick...love Slither

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
kiss are just as pretentious as their fans.

see above for post which proves aforementioned statement.

also 'death cab for cutie' are awesome u suck. im not a fan of Fall out boy or panic at the disco though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)