Module B essay query (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you talk about Feminism/ Marxism/ Psychonalytical perspectives in this essay or did they take it out of the syllabus?

Scinery

HSC
Im not 100% sure but I think what's different is that you musnt say "A feminist perspective says..." and then tack on "Thus my own has been shaped" as a link.

Instead, you should say "This critic's feminist perspective has further shaped my own as i have been able to appreciate" etc

You can briefly how these perspectives have shaped yours, but structure your essay around your own view.

puffiijamii

HSC
nooo. you mean different Readings right? you don't talk about that. apparently markers in the HSC go aggro if you talk about Readings and then give you bad marks. so no :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, readings are no longer in the syllabus.

menzies03

HSC
im currently writing reflection statements... so now there is no need for the readings?
and if possible could i get some pointers for writing reflection statements, frustrating... :mad1:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute!
No theoretical readings??? WTF????
This is all we've done in class!!!

PLEASE EXPLAIN?!?!?!

emmcyclopedia

HSC
lol, ok, so what the hell do i write about???

what about the part of the syllabus where it says "Evaluate and explore a specific text and its reception in a range of contexts"

does that not mean different readings depending on responder's context???

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I'm pretty sure the Board Of Studies have said that readings are not necessary. They are more concerned with seeing a personal understanding
or response to the texts.

This does not mean that you learning readings is redundant, you can still use them like Scinery said. It's just that they are no longer compulsory.

This is what I've been told by a HSC Marker (teacher).

emmcyclopedia

HSC
wow, okay!

i'm emailing my english teacher some new questions which have arisen since reading this forum...

thanks for the help!

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure the Board Of Studies have said that readings are not necessary. They are more concerned with seeing a personal understanding
or response to the texts.

This does not mean that you learning readings is redundant, you can still use them like Scinery said. It's just that they are no longer compulsory.

This is what I've been told by a HSC Marker (teacher).

This is exactly what this module is about. Well said.

gossi

HSC
talking about a personal understanding, can we use I?
i was taught you have your own personal reading/understanding but you don't talk about it as if it were you own.
so instead of saying "My personal reading of Shakespeare's play Hamlet is..." you'd write "A possible reading of Shakespeare's play Hamlet is..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)