Module B- will they ask for specific analysis on a poem? (1 Viewer)

cli62

HSC
Like will they pick out a specific yeats poem and tell u to analyse it with another yeats poem? should i study all set poems or pick 3? im really confused and worried :(

dp624

HSC
unlikely because the last time it was done the responses were poor, and BOS likes showing Australia that HSC students are good at english

Lordie

HSC
What's the best way to answer a Yeats Essay?

The way I do it, I give my thesis, address the question and blabble with english jargon for a few lines. Then I start with the first poem, show detailed reference, and address the themes - showing it maintains textual integrity. Then I use a reading or two.

I'm just wondering what has to be done to get into the A range for Yeats.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
dp624 said:
unlikely because the last time it was done the responses were poor, and BOS likes showing Australia that HSC students are good at english
buahahha

i think they'll ask for "at least TWO" so it's probably best to be able to write about three

as for specific poems...god i hope not. when did they do that?

schmani

HSC
N/A
Lordie said:
What's the best way to answer a Yeats Essay?

The way I do it, I give my thesis, address the question and blabble with english jargon for a few lines. Then I start with the first poem, show detailed reference, and address the themes - showing it maintains textual integrity. Then I use a reading or two.

I'm just wondering what has to be done to get into the A range for Yeats.
Make sure you include your own reading, and a little bit of context; what has influenced your reading, and what influenced Yeats to create his poems.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)