Monash law transfer (1 Viewer)

Ali -

HSC
N/A
Has anyone managed to transfer into Monash law after first year uni? if so, what was the weighted average mean?

Thanks in advance.

Xytech

HSC
N/A
Haven't done it myself, I came straight in.
I have had HEAPS of friends who have done it very successfully though. Weighted average is just the average score of your units, you'll need about 70-75, which if you are doing arts is shit easy! (speaking from experience).
Hope that helps.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Xytech said:
, you'll need about 70-75, which if you are doing arts is shit easy! (speaking from experience).
No.. the average required is at least 75 above. I don't think it was ever 70. There are only very very few places available for transfer so you will be competing with others who usually have a high 70s average. It is not as easy as you're making it out to be.

Mookiez

HSC
Hi buddy,

I transferred into a double degree, Arts/Law after my first year at Monash University. More information on this can be found on a thread I made in the Monash discussion board. But essentially my weighted average was 80% after one year of study.

Monash seem to give preference to internal transfers, and the 'weighted' average is your average taken across all units you've studied each year.

PM me if you still have any more queries.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the WAM (weighted average mark) required is the same, regardless of what degree you study. That means that someone who scores 80% in Arts is more likely to get into a dual degree of Arts/Law than someone who studies Law and scores 75%.

Last edited:

vce2ec

HSC
I transfered to com/law (from pure commerce) with a WAM of 71 and I was very surprised. I'm not sure about just law though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)