Moral dilemma! Subject switching (1 Viewer)

Blank Theory

HSC
Hi guys! So far my year 11 electives are 2u eng, 3u maths, chem, bio, physics and eco. Recently however, I've been wanting to switch into Ancient history. I don't really know the contents of the courses though and I'm scared I'll regret switching. Also I'm not really keen on dropping any of my electives so far but I'm willing to drop one if you guys reckon Ancient history is worth it. Most of my inspiration to switch into Ancient comes from those historical movies and books on Egyptians and such :p

If you can please provide me with a briefing of the Ancient history course and whether you recommend it or not. Also if I should drop one of the sciences or eco for it. I def cannot drop maths. So far I'm struggling with physics but I've only have 2 lessons. I cant seem to think outside of my own logic... Biology is great because of the class and teacher mainly though but I like how straightforward it is. Chem is okay. As for eco.. well I have an awesome teacher but the course looks dull and boring to me however I think it would be worthwhile learning eco as it relates to Australia's global issues and such. I'm also wondering if three sciences would be over kill...

Anyway I'm really stressing out cause I want to change asap by the second week if I do so I don't miss much classes! I'd be great if you could help me out, thanks! :D

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop the most boring subject or the subject that you're worst at!
But seriously, you have to make your own decision in the end because our advice can't help you all the way!

Maybe drop Eco or Phys for Ancient History? Or don't pick Ancient History up?

Blank Theory

HSC
Oh wow uh.... I don't know for sure but I'm thinking of architecture, something to do with science or medical science... I've had fantasies about becoming a graphics designer for games BUT DON'T MIND THAT. I just want to do well in the hsc first.

Blank Theory

HSC
I don't know if I should pick AH up cause I don't know if I'll like the context but so far eco looks boooring...people keep telling me its good tho WHAT DO

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would suggest that you find out what topics your school is doing in Ancient before making up your mind as not all schools do the same stuff.

There is a compulsory topic - The Role of Historians and Archaeologists which can be quite dry and then a Case Study and a Site/Society study as well as an IRP. But what appeals to one student won't necessarily appeal to another and the same with teachers e.g. I teach no Egypt at all as I simply find it boring but accept that others find it fascinating. I love Roman history while others find that dry and boring.

Lina3

HSC
With Ancient History, I reckon it depends on the teacher you have and what topics he/she decides to do. We're doing the Role of Historians and Archaeologists and Interpreting Sources. It's not very fun and 1/3 of the class is already considering changing to something else. At the moment we are just reading from a textbook, but that's pretty much the only way to learn such big amounts of content...so if you do pick it up I'm just saying that the very first topic is rather boring but the ones afterwards seem a lot better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)