Most alleged 'drink spikings' not real, just plain pissed (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Study can't verify one 'drink-spiking'

SUSPECTED victims of drink spiking are more likely to be suffering from drugs and alcohol they have willingly consumed, according to Australian research.

Of 100 suspected drink-spiking cases reviewed in a West Australian study, none were found to involve being slipped a sedative or illicit drug.

What emerged instead was a concerning picture of excess alcohol and illegal drug use by people - usually young women - at the centre of these drink-spiking claims.

"The public's perception that it's a guy putting a sedative drug into a woman's drink, at a pub or a club, we just didn't find that at all,'' said Dr Mark Little, a clinical toxicologist at the Royal Perth Hospital.

"As a community, we have a bigger problem with illicit drug use and alcohol binge drinking than we do with drink spiking.''

The study took in 101 people who were taken to two Perth hospitals as suspected victims of drink spiking over 19 months.

Almost 90 per cent were female, and a majority of these were aged 25 or younger.

About 70 per cent of the cases involved an alleged drink spiking at a nightclub or hotel, usually in the four hours straddling midnight and over a weekend.

More than a quarter (28 per cent) had illicit drugs, mainly amphetamines and cannabis, in their system, which they admitted taking.

"We did not identify a single case where a sedative drug was likely to have been illegally placed in a drink,'' Dr Little said.

He added there were five cases in which a person's stated alcohol intake substantially did not match their blood alcohol level.

These were possibly cases in which soft drinks were unknowingly topped up with alcohol, or alcoholic drinks made extra strong.

"It's more the case of the girl who likes vodka and orange, let's give her a double, a triple (shot of vodka),'' Dr Little said.

"We also found nearly all people were unconcerned with the amount of alcohol they had drank.

"When we said the average dose was about eight standard drinks ... they weren't concerned about that at all.''

When confronted with their test results, Dr Little said 35 per cent of the study participants continued to believe they had been spiked.

He concludes real cases of drink spiking involving sedating or illicit drugs are "rare'', and "if drink spiking is going to occur, it will probably involve alcohol''.

The study was conducted in the emergency departments of Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Joondalup Health Campus in Perth.

Dr Little's research is published in the journal Emergency Medicine Australasia.
Study can't verify one 'drink-spiking' | National Breaking News | News.com.au

There's been so much hysteria about drink spiking for years, never letting strangers buy you drinks etc.

Turns out lack of personal responsibility is most the problem.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I know a girl who got her drink spiked, and i beleive her....only because at the time i just thought she had way too much to drink, then she told me that her drug dealer friend[who i do remember her talking to that night] must have slipped something in for a joke. Basically she didnt care that much because everyone ended up coming back to mine and she was safe.

I think i might possibly have had my drink spiked once. I cant think of a good way to say this without seeming like iam bragging, but i can handle my drinks and i go out a lot. This one time i was having just one beer because i was at a pool comp and i like to do my drinking once ive been knocked out of the comp, so i was sipping on 1 beer as i played so i dont look like a cheapskate. I put my drink down to play my game, came back to it after and i thought it kinda tasted funny, but i thought it was because it was flat and warm. I drank a bit more, but i didnt finish it because i decided it tasted off and put it down, a few minutes later i felt really fucking drunk. It wasnt quite like drunk though, it wasnt familiar and i didnt really like it but i like meh guess i wont be getting any more beers then....then i walked home.

Of course we knew there wasnt this big epedemic of drink spiking.....9/10 times Its just a convenient excuse for sluts who regret their actions the next day or who get too drunk and need an excuse for why they are hungover or looked so trashed the night before for their mum/boss/boyfriend.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Heard this from some student drug/alcohol awareness guy at highschool. Claimed someone at St Vincents said up to 95% of their supposed drinking spikings turned out to have no traces of any substances outside of alcohol.

But yeah.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
It seems Australian girls only drink in order to act out their inner whores to seduce innocent men, then put on some fake tears and claim they got raped.
My spider senses are tingling, and they're telling me there's a misogynist in our midst.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
poof

i had a feeling this was the case. sluts tbh imo

aussie-boy

HSC
when i did my rsa we were warned about guys buying a mixed drink + 1 shot

some places ban sales like this

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Yeah, I thought I had my drink spiked once but my friend later told me he saw me buying 4 double shots of vodka and orange, which I don't remember (and rightly so - that's 8 shots of vodka in probably about 30 minutes).

Nanasaurus

HSC
...that's really kind of funny.

i mean, drink spiking's not funny- but this is.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yeah I'd agree with this, except for in cases where it's a girl who regularly drinks - has drunk a regular amount u're used to seeing her drink and then says 'LUL SUm1 may haf spIked my drank'.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
A friend of mine was arrested for rape because he had sex with a girl at a party and her parents rocked up and found out so she said that her drink was spiked. They eventually found out she was lying and he didn't get convicted, but still.
Fucking sluts.

Last edited:
HSC
Having had to sit at a trainstation answering calls from concerned parents and boyfriend because my friend's 'drink was spiked' (though question arises as to which one) this pisses me off too.

I've also been thrown out of a party because a girl, who followed me into a toilet, 'must have had her drink spiked'

Society: Its increasingly becoming the norm for your girls to give blowjobs from the age of 14+. It's time to stop whiteknighting and accept they're sluts. If you have a problem with this, actually start setting a moral standard yourselves rather then being a 40 year old working class bogan yourself.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I've always been suspicious about the supposed widespread use of date rape drugs in the community. How are they being distributed? Even in illicit drug dealing communities, people have moral standards e.g. many bikies refuse to trade heroin. Nothing could have more of a stigma than date rape drugs.

I've never even heard of date rape drugs being traded and I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would love to bash you if they found out you were trying to sell some.

HSC
I've always been suspicious about the supposed widespread use of date rape drugs in the community. How are they being distributed? Even in illicit drug dealing communities, people have moral standards e.g. many bikies refuse to trade heroin. Nothing could have more of a stigma than date rape drugs.

I've never even heard of date rape drugs being traded and I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would love to bash you if they found out you were trying to sell some.
Good point.

Also a lot of accusations go to bar staff.

I'm sure they deal with 100s of pretty girls a night.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Im pretty sure things like xanax or valium would work just as effectively as rohypnol.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC

Sorry Graney.

Drug dealers do not act by any moral code such as that which you have outlined. They would sell you battery acid if you would pay for it and they could get it alot cheaper than the street price.

If you're going to rape somebody, poison somebody, overdose yourself, frankly they do not give a fuck. They just want that cold hard cash baby. They want low riders, shiny fucking rims, turbo charged engines, bitches hanging off their sack, and junkies hanging off their bumbags/fannypacks.

They do not give a fuck about your life story. In fact if you're a 15 year old hooked on coke and you're willing to suck mad cock for a hit, they would gladly pop out their veiny cocks for you to suckle like your mothers teat.

They would shoot another mother fucker for encroaching onto their territory. They would put lead through that persons dome for having the audacity to steal their earnings.

Wake the fuck up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)