Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
He's an arrogant prick and the only funny stuff is what's sent in by the viewers? (ie what the?)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
The Da Vinci Code. Suddenly everyone is an expert on Christian theology and religious literature. Fucking arseholes.

*shoots jizz all over Dan Brown*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Murf said:
harry potter is cool :vcross:

i hated hated hated hated Brave new world :vcross: :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:
Brave New World is a fantastic novel, drawn from the best genre of fiction in existence.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
absolution* said:
The Da Vinci Code. Suddenly everyone is an expert on Christian theology and religious literature. Fucking arseholes.

*shoots jizz all over Dan Brown*
agreed. Rather than constantly dismissing due to hype, I actually tried to read it. I can see why people would be hooked into it but it really is poor writing. Didnt appeal to me at all and its irritating to hear everyone talking like they're experts in religion now...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Sarah168 said:
agreed. Rather than constantly dismissing due to hype, I actually tried to read it. I can see why people would be hooked into it but it really is poor writing. Didnt appeal to me at all and its irritating to hear everyone talking like they're experts in religion now...
agreed ......

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
nah i thought it (the Da Vinci code) was a good read, quite interesting... but its annoying readers make it fall under "most annoying people of all time" not "most annoying book of all time".

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i just think its too hard to write a book about religion in which everyone will agree that its accurate and entertaining...

what it was- a story that had elements of christian theology and the second it was wrong in one aspect everyone decided to dribble on how terrible it was.
imo it was a good story, but i wouldnt make it the cornerstone of my faith or rewrite the history books either.

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
As far as books go, The DaVinci Code is similar to Spice Girls' "Wannabe" so far as to say thats its construction, thematic content and main discussion topics are purposely created to cater to the masses. People who read very few books generally find it appealing because of its simple language, format (ie. short chapters and relatively small number of pages) etc etc etc.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
well not every book can be a diamond in the rough abs:)
Thats not at all what im saying. My major gripe is that there are far better authors telling far better storys out there than Dan Brown, yet they recieve little to no acclaimation other than that of literary critics and the odd reader. To me, this seems unfair.

"I can't see what gripe you would have with bringing reading to the general populous? "

Though i acknowledge my gripe above, a further gripe which is indicative of a trend in society in general, is that "the populous" have only decided to start reading because of the fanfare that this novel has created, proliferated through mass-media. Were the fan-fare created solely based on the merits of the novel i would have no such gripe.

Spring Sakura

HSC
withoutaface said:
Brave New World is a fantastic novel, drawn from the best genre of fiction in existence.
hmmm...I wouldn't say best...but I would never list it as one of the 'most annoying books of all time'.
It was...depressing though.

oooh, thought of another book; that 'Clan of the Cave Bear' or something.
GOD...so...damn...long...winded!

Munchy

HSC
the worst:

1. north and south by elizabeth gaskell (stupid 3U english - individual and society)
2. Area 7 and scarecrow by matthew reilly
3. The first book in the ellie chronicles by john marsden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)