• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most annoying book of all time (2 Viewers)

Mongke

HSC
PLURFECT! said:

Hahaha, i didn't mind My Place, "Dingo" by Mark Rosenberg was worse! :eek:
is that possible? well i suppose the story of the grandfather was cool but if Nan didnt die in the book i think i would have kiled her over pure frustration!!! just stop asking her for gods sake!!!! get a hint, she doesnt want to tell you!!!!!!

few, thats been on my chest for a while :)

Last edited:

PLURFECT!

HSC
Mongke said:
is that possible? well i suppose the story of the grandfather was cool but if Nan didnt die in the book i think i would have kiled her over pure frustration!!! just stop asking her gods sake!!!! get a hint, she doesnt want to tell you!!!!!!

few, thats been on my chest for a while :)
Hehe, awh Mongke - you should have vented sooner!! *hug*

I read My Place when i was 13 or so, not as set analyatical reading, perhaps that's why i didn't hate it as much. Dingo, on the other hand... there were so many complaints about that text, that we were told not to even bother returning the books, lol!! :rofl:

Mongke

HSC
PLURFECT! said:

Hehe, awh Mongke - you should have vented sooner!! *hug*

I read My Place when i was 13 or so, not as set analyatical reading, perhaps that's why i didn't hate it as much. Dingo, on the other hand... there were so many complaints about that text, that we were told not to even bother returning the books, lol!! :rofl:
haha! lord, i cant imagin it being THAT bad! :)

how come so many ppl read MP when they were 13? is it some sort of childs recomendation thing? cos you are the 5th person i know at least whos read it at that age.

PLURFECT!

HSC
Mongke said:
haha! lord, i cant imagin it being THAT bad! :)

how come so many ppl read MP when they were 13? is it some sort of childs recomendation thing? cos you are the 5th person i know at least whos read it at that age.
Hehe, I read it at 13, because my Mother [who was a social worker at the time] thought it would be beneficial for me to be able to relate to aboriginality in it's academic aspects as well as the social. We often had kids staying with us of lots of different backgrounds, which was always awesome - i loved getting to know different people and learning to open my mind to what i wouldn't normaly see or understand. :shy:

Mongke

HSC
PLURFECT! said:

Hehe, I read it at 13, because my Mother [who was a social worker at the time] thought it would be beneficial for me to be able to relate to aboriginality in it's academic aspects as well as the social. We often had kids staying with us of lots of different backgrounds, which was always awesome - i loved getting to know different people and learning to open my mind to what i wouldn't normaly see or understand. :shy:
did it? surely there must be better Aboriginal reading arond? i dont know, i grew up in South Africa.

nwatts

HSC
Mr Lovepony said:
Nearly fell into a 1000 year coma reading that book. I don't know, maybe I'm intellectually challenged or something but the pages are still dripping wet from the saliva I've dribbled all over it while nodding off.
Read it when you're older. It's a fantastic book.

Also, My Place is dreadful. A whining, Aboriginal woman moaning on about oppression and unfairness isn't my idea of a good read.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
duckofdoom said:
Just curious as to wonder what people think as the most annoying book of all time is.
Anything that's long and tedious to read, too many to list that I've read that annoy the hell out of me. :mad1:

Emph

HSC
'Red Heart' by Victor Kelleher!!!!

We had to read in in Yr11 as it is an appropriation of 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad (another annoying book).

Lets just say I celebrated when that topic was over

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Bridge to Terrabithia and Flip Flop Girl. I punched these books and threw them across the room.

kiteblood

HSC
sevenpuddings said:
The Lake at the End of the World

It was horrible.... never again
YOU WIN.

That, and The Glass Jar; spoiled middle glass white girl complains ceaselessly about fictitious and/or utterly irrelevant problems. Good job trying to kill yourself for no reason. Sylvia Plath is so fucking emo it hurts.

Guernica

HSC
The Nargun and the Stars.

It's about, like... a rock :-|

So. Bad.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

i had to read it for HSC english & i couldnt make past chapter 16.....it was so annoying!

but i read enough of it, to do a good essay :D

SmokedSalmon

HSC
M-turkey said:
Heh, that just keeps going and going. Dan Brown added too many twists
Yeah, there were lots of twists and turns here and there. But I liked the story, one of the few books that I could visualise as a movie. if that makes sense :p

The books I hate the most are the ones that are too slow and tedious. I like novels that are fast paced, with action, drama, and some crime/mystery thrown in. I could not stand 'Pride & Prejudice', I cannot comprehend how so many girls love this book... It's SO boring. :sleep:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)