Most challenging topic in Prelim Phys? (1 Viewer)

WildestDreams

HSC
What would you say is the most challenging/difficult topic? Just as a heads up ;)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lel its prelim phys, nothing is really hard

the astrophysics topic is full of random crap that you have to rote learn so I found that annoying
electricity is fairly straightforward (although it actually took me a bit to get my head around the equations and how they worked in circuits)
moving about is also pree straightforward as long as you understand it conceptually (its not hard, most of it is pree fundamental)
the world communicates wasn't very interesting lol, bit of rote learning there as well but yeh

tbh nothing was really 'difficult', but it would probs be either motion or electricity in terms of conceptual understanding
but yeah, i also hated all the random rote in astrophysics (idk what it's actually called)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
i would say moving about because some questions can be quite tricky in the wording

ml125

HSC
lel its prelim phys, nothing is really hard

the astrophysics topic is full of random crap that you have to rote learn so I found that annoying
electricity is fairly straightforward (although it actually took me a bit to get my head around the equations and how they worked in circuits)
moving about is also pree straightforward as long as you understand it conceptually (its not hard, most of it is pree fundamental)
the world communicates wasn't very interesting lol, bit of rote learning there as well but yeh

tbh nothing was really 'difficult', but it would probs be either motion or electricity in terms of conceptual understanding
but yeah, i also hated all the random rote in astrophysics (idk what it's actually called)
The rote was so painful omfg...

and I think it was called Cosmic Engine or something lol idek

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I have heard that moving about is more difficult than all the hsc topics??

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I have heard that moving about is more difficult than all the hsc topics??
I guess it could be. The thing is, there is a lot of scope with moving about so theoretically you could get pretty intense with the questions if you wanted to. The concepts themselves aren't usually that difficult though.

leehuan

HSC
I would say moving about. Some of those motion graphs were awkward to my classmates.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
In my opinion, the easiest is Moving About (since it is the closest to physics) and the "hardest" is The Cosmic Engine, since it is mostly just rote learning.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
anything related to space..im for it..
have fun learning about geocentric models of the universe created and disproved hundreds of years ago :haha:

and having to draw them.
and discuss their merits

jathu123

HSC
I find moving about pretty interesting and fun. The only thing i'm worried about is the electrical energy in the home. I just hate electricity so much for some reason haha. and world communicates and space topic are pretty much mostly rote learning. So ye I would say either moving about or the electricity one.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Pay attention to electrical energy in the home. It is very very important for motors and generators in year 12, which I found extremely difficult having done literally jack in prelim physics
Really? I didn't really find it to have much overlap other than a few basic concepts (i.e. conventional current, definitions of voltage, current, etc.)

ml125

HSC
have fun learning about geocentric models of the universe created and disproved hundreds of years ago :haha:

and having to draw them.
and discuss their merits
Yeah rip guys this was such an effort cri

Didn't even know this was a thing until the day before yearly exams tbh, found out when I was looking over someone else's notes lelelel. Like wtf is that rip me since I will probably be doing astrophysics as my option. :spin:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Really? I didn't really find it to have much overlap other than a few basic concepts (i.e. conventional current, definitions of voltage, current, etc.)
electric charge and right hand thumb rule and more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)