Most impressive subject (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bradc1988 said:
1702? I'm doing 1701 at the moment, but havn't really started it yet. I think I do 1702 next semester?

I'm really looking forward to experimental robotics, it's one of the reasons I chose MTRX.
1702 is where you do half C programming (really interesting, but tedious at times), and the other digital systems (binary operations, logic machines etc. Easier, but also slightly less interesting).

jellybeenz

HSC
townie said:
*sigh* i remember social psych, chris, i was outside ur lecture when it was happening (break) i missed her comedy so much i considered sitting in on the lecture
Yeah I felt that way as well... lol... psyc1001 was awesome... all those repeated lectures... thats what I miss the most.

Best subject so far? um. Brain and Behaviour... only coz I know we get to play with rats- which is more of a plus than it sounds.

bradc1988

HSC
withoutaface said:
1702 is where you do half C programming (really interesting, but tedious at times), and the other digital systems (binary operations, logic machines etc. Easier, but also slightly less interesting).
Sounds interesting, I think I do that this year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
doesnt dr lisa also teach 3rd year? that'd be hawt.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
in one of my subjects i'm building a satellite that's being launched into orbit in June next year..

Jase

HSC
yeah psych 1st year was cool because of lisa.

though i didnt do it and i still think it's a stupid subject.

i think the best lecturers in the uni come from physics - Tim Bedding, Geraint e.t.c

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Jase said:
yeah psych 1st year was cool because of lisa.

though i didnt do it and i still think it's a stupid subject.

i think the best lecturers in the uni come from physics - Tim Bedding, Geraint e.t.c
oh, so you're one of those "zomg psych isnt a real science!" guys.
how do you know she's great if you didnt do it? also, how can you say that psych 1st year was cool because of her?

A

adamsaclown

jellybeenz said:
Best subject so far? um. Brain and Behaviour... only coz I know we get to play with rats- which is more of a plus than it sounds.
Lecturer is kind of boring though. She could do something to alleviate the dryness of the subject atm

jellybeenz

HSC
Yeah you're right about the lecturer for Brain and Behaviour-- but its the best out of my subjects this semester...

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
PHIL1011, in which the lecturer unwittingly encouraged drug use.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
PHIL1011 is the subject less likely to have me asleep 20min into the lecture. I laugh inanely at the random bunny or flower pics Stewie posts up during qn time [Who's with me?]

HSTY1076 is alright, although it could be improved. Here I'm thinking a Mexican wave might do the trick. [Omg Malfoy is in my lecture!]

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
ameh said:
PHIL1011 is the subject less likely to have me asleep 20min into the lecture. I laugh inanely at the random bunny or flower pics Stewie posts up during qn time [Who's with me?]

HSTY1076 is alright, although it could be improved. Here I'm thinking a Mexican wave might do the trick. [Omg Malfoy is in my lecture!]
Even his name is funny. Stewie Saunders. lolz.

niteshade1312

HSC
c_james said:
PHIL1011, in which the lecturer unwittingly encouraged drug use.
That was sooo funny!! I think he's really encouraging and you actually remember what he's talking about, because he keeps adding things about clowns!

cimbom

HSC
I love govt1105- geopolitics. The lecturer is awesome, the readings are very interesting, I'm really enjoying it- especially in comparison to subjects like econ1001. I feel like I'm doing a history subject without the 'Arts' association... govt major for me I'm pretty sure... hopefully honours :) .

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
cimbom said:
I love govt1105- geopolitics. The lecturer is awesome, the readings are very interesting, I'm really enjoying it- especially in comparison to subjects like econ1001. I feel like I'm doing a history subject without the 'Arts' association... govt major for me I'm pretty sure... hopefully honours :) .
jesus, there's nothing wrong with something being a bit arts faculty.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Love the subjects im doing atm. ECON is a bit boring, but alas i have to do it.

Australian Politics looks like it'll be my best subject. Pretty good lecturer, and the subject matter looks interesting.

Like cimbom, i'll probally do a govt major with honours.

oh and Giuseppe is bloody awesome.

Last edited:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
Yay for someone else doing that subject! I most generally sit right down the front, with a laptop.

How are you finding it?

It's alright, although I'd probably find 1920s + America more interesting then the Reconstruction stuff we're learning atm. I can't wait for the actual tutorials!

I sit at the middle or back, depending on whether I'm on time or late. :)

cimbom

HSC
fleepbasding said:
jesus, there's nothing wrong with something being a bit arts faculty.
I'm sorry- I didn't mean to sound like that. I really have nothing against arts- I still want to do a postgraduate BA in languages or communications... it's just cool how politics at usyd isn't in 'arts' like it is at unsw i guess. Like it should be... economics=politics=world history.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
who's the lecturer for Govt1105 that is so fantastic? cos govt1105 was hellish for me last yr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)