Motivation (1 Viewer)

clry

HSC
When you hit those times where you just DON'T want to study, and make excuse after excuse not to study, how do you pull out of it and study anyways? It's been happening a lot, resulting in numerous night-before cram sessions. Best tips to get motivated out there? (it's not that I find the work boring, as English is already over. I just ceebs to work!)

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
I put up some motivational posters around my room.
Also, try getting a countdown-timer app/gadget for your desktop until the HSC exams, or for a particular trial exam. Watching those seconds tick away one by one really makes you think you're wasting your time.

clry

HSC
Harden the fuck up
Fuck that was hilarious, although it just resulted in more procrastination. :L

I put up some motivational posters around my room.
Also, try getting a countdown-timer app/gadget for your desktop until the HSC exams, or for a particular trial exam. Watching those seconds tick away one by one really makes you think you're wasting your time.
Not keen on the posters, but I may do the timer.. where do I get a countdown app from? :)

TorMental

HSC
I remember there was thread about this somewhere... and someone mentioned
'You'll end up in UWS'. LOL. Thats your motivation.
I contemplate alot, and this is just briefly how I perceive things.
1) Sometimes people lose motivation because they think they're going to fail. Well, you are given permission to fail, but never to give up.
2) Just don't have this mentality to be cocky if you're doing well throughout the year up to this point. You're likely to be more motivated if you feel you have
heaps to improve in terms of marks and ranks, whereas the latter will be 'too' confident -> and indirectly result in loss of motivation.

Know there is only 2-3months to go until HSC mate, and realise you have only one shot at this to make it count. (Unless you want to repeat... but lets face it, thats like worst then going to UWS in my opinion.)

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Fuck that was hilarious, although it just resulted in more procrastination. :L

Not keen on the posters, but I may do the timer.. where do I get a countdown app from? :)
Just do the stop watch on your Ipod clock

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
71 Days, 21 Hours, 39 Minutes and 11 Seconds till HSC.

clry

HSC
1) Sometimes people lose motivation because they think they're going failing. Well, you are given permission to fail, but never to give up.
2) Just don't have this mentality to be cocky if you're doing well throughout the year up to this point. You're likely to be more motivated if you feel you have
heaps to improve in terms of marks and ranks, whereas the latter will be 'too' confident -> and indirectly result in loss of motivation.

Know there is only 2-3months to go until HSC mate, and realise you have only one shot at this to make it count. (Unless you want to repeat... but lets face it, thats like worst then going to UWS in my opinion.)
Awkward, I want to go to USW..
LOL jokes, I have my dignity.
Good point, I guess I may as well knuckle down :\

I asked one of my mates for motivation, he replied. "uni chicks". That one works too, haha.

72 days you say? Bring it on.

TorMental

HSC
^ Lol, yah thats what it means. The fact that everyone can get in, means that not many people want to go in.

Some universities look nothing more than a bigger high school, and its facilities may be shit lol. -cough-

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
^ Lol, yah thats what it means. The fact that everyone can get in, means that not many people want to go in.

Some universities look nothing more than a bigger high school, and its facilities may be shit lol. -cough-
apparently UWS has the blond chics, maybe that'll motivate you.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
1) Sometimes people lose motivation because they think they're going to fail. Well, you are given permission to fail, but never to give up.

Stupid assumption =.=......... UWS is not the worst don't listen to him....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)