Movie Reccomendation? (1 Viewer)

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Aren't the majority before 1990 though? It's hardly claiming much.
Yeah, my intention wasn't to shock people with that statement, hence why I said I haven't watched anything before 1990. Besides, I've tried watching many old films but I don't see the appeal. I think they get high[er] ratings since the plot lines are original compared to a modern film using the same idea.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, my intention wasn't to shock people with that statement, hence why I said I haven't watched anything before 1990. Besides, I've tried watching many old films but I don't see the appeal. I think they get high[er] ratings since the plot lines are original compared to a modern film using the same idea.
Not necessarily. The old films have a lot to offer, not just because of their plot, but because they're well made. 12 Angry Men, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, Casablanca, Steamboat Bill Jr, The Dictator, Night At The Opera, Mon Oncle, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Rashomon. All brilliantly executed films, not just because of their originality, but their characters, their cinematography, and their direction. Not a single one of those was made after 1960.

Don't be too quick to dismiss older films, you'll be amazed at what you can find. :)

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Not necessarily. The old films have a lot to offer, not just because of their plot, but because they're well made. 12 Angry Men, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, Casablanca, Steamboat Bill Jr, The Dictator, Night At The Opera, Mon Oncle, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Rashomon. All brilliantly executed films, not just because of their originality, but their characters, their cinematography, and their direction. Not a single one of those was made after 1960.

Don't be too quick to dismiss older films, you'll be amazed at what you can find. :)
Hm yeah, I might try them out after hsc :).

mirakon

nigga
HSC

the beauty of 12 angry men is how captivating it is even though its pretty much all about 12 people arguing in the one room

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hm yeah, I might try them out after hsc :).
You should. Highly recommended. Especially if you're already fairly well versed in film.

I think an interesting point to keep in mind is that: Wizard of Oz is older than Citizen Kane. Most people forget that.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
the beauty of 12 angry men is how captivating it is even though its pretty much all about 12 people arguing in the one room
I find it's the unfolding of the story that captivates me. How each little piece of evidence reveals something new.

unLimitieDx

HSC
the Saw series is good not really horror but its got some gruesome scenes
shawshank redemption (great great movie imo)
White Chicks (comedy at its best)
I like the marvel movies like Thor, Captain America & AVENGERS but one marvel that is a complete waste of time is ironman2.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Its one of those films that proves that great acting, writing etc. Are all that is needed in a great film. Of a lot of ky favourite films, very few have snazzy special effects

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
The Green Mile, Batman movie series, Hayao Miyazaki films

2xL

HSC
Human Centipede 1&2. Wouldn't watch it alone though.

halapenyo

HSC
LA confidential
Se7en
Social Network
Bourne Ultimatum
X men first class
Dark knight
fight club
shawshank
memento
scream 4
american psycho
the fighter
warrior
etc etc

movies are the best.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
LA confidential
Se7en
Social Network
Bourne Ultimatum
X men first class
Dark knight
fight club
shawshank
memento
scream 4
american psycho
the fighter
warrior
etc etc

movies are the best.
only if you've seen the first 2 imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)