moving out!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tubby69

HSC
hello guys,
im planning on moving out of my home soon because (1) my mum's driving me crazy and (2) she thinks i dont deserve to go to uni with an 80.25 atar.

so here's my situation:
i'm planning on moving into a share accomodation with someone for a few weeks till my friend comes back from his holidays in vietnam. then we'll live together.
im going to study teaching at usyd next year.
i've worked in retail for the past 6 weeks and managed to save only $1400:(
i have an interview next week, and as soon as that job is secured, i will move out then wait for my friend.

what are things i need to do to prepare to move out? financially? i know the cost of uni is very expensive, and im scared i might not even be able to afford it.

thanks alot

philphie

Banned
HSC
to be honest you won't make it if you plan to pay rent, bills and uni fees as well. do yourself a favour and sort whatever issues out that you have with your mum.

no one i know of has survived that independently working part time while going to uni, oaying rent, bills and uni fees.

Tubby69

HSC
to be honest you won't make it if you plan to pay rent, bills and uni fees as well. do yourself a favour and sort whatever issues out that you have with your mum.

no one i know of has survived that independently working part time while going to uni, oaying rent, bills and uni fees.
im gunna live together with one of my mates when he gets back from vietnam

philphie

Banned
HSC
uni fees $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ textbooks$$$$$$$$$$
special expenses$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

philphie

Banned
HSC
hecs as far as i know won't cover all your fees, especially for teaching. at least find a relative to help you out

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You could maybe do it if you lived in a smaller place with a few people, took up a lot more shifts and got government assistance.

proringz

HSC
hecs as far as i know won't cover all your fees, especially for teaching. at least find a relative to help you out
Umm, actually it does. From my own experiences and the HECS-HELP website "A HECS-HELP loan will cover all or part of the student contribution amount."

how much would it cover???
All.

philphie

Banned
HSC
ok i guess you're free to go then, but still at least try to leave on good terms

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ok i guess you're free to go then, but still at least try to leave on good terms
er, i wouldn't say you would be 'free to go' just because uni costs are covered, basic living costs are very expensive for most school leavers.

bio_nut

HSC
Bullshit.

Unless you live a ridiculously spoilt, sheltered life. Sooo many of my friends and their friends do this.

Welcome to the real world.

I will most likely be doing this also next year.

Tubby69

HSC
ohhh nooo,. u dont understand. this is the woman who told me she tried to abort me while she was still pregnant with me.
this is the woman who did NOT let me go to my year 12 formal, saying that "im your mum, and whatever i say, you have to do. you won't die if u dont go"
this is the woman who told me i was too stupid to go uni.

no, i'll make a dramatic exit.

Tubby69

HSC
Bullshit.

Unless you live a ridiculously spoilt, sheltered life. Sooo many of my friends and their friends do this.

but how could i survive??? working as well as studying fulltime?

might be easier since im living with a friend, so costs will be shared.

bio_nut

HSC

Because most students who aren't totally useless work as well as studying full time?

What are you planning to study?

Oh yeah, no way in hell you could afford to live alone without working yourself into the ground.

proringz

HSC

Have a look at the eligibility of Youth Allowance, you'll be getting like almost $250 per fortnight which would cover food and other things.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Bullshit.

are they commonwealth supported students? because i was talking about people who don't do hecs

Tubby69

HSC
Because most students who aren't totally useless work as well as studying full time?

What are you planning to study?

Oh yeah, no way in hell you could afford to live alone without working yourself into the ground.
bachelor of arts/education(humanities) at usyd

philphie

Banned
HSC
er, i wouldn't say you would be 'free to go' just because uni costs are covered, basic living costs are very expensive for most school leavers.
depends where you're renting and what are your expenses. if you're low maintenance and don't care where you live you'd be doing pretty good

bio_nut

HSC
Everyone is HECS since this year at least. Unless you get low marks and then go to like Bond uni and shit. Fee paying places were abolished at non private unis.

Don't you keep up to date with this as a prospective uni student? I know I sure as hell did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)