Moving to Sydney..Good idea or not? (1 Viewer)

lollyluu

HSC
I'm really bored of melbourne and studying my whole highschool life here has made me want to enrol to any uni but melbournes. The cheapest place i can go is interstate so I might enrol to a uni at sydney..is it a good idea?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
sydney is awesome!
a bit of bias here obviously, but it's definitely a way different sort of environment than melbourne. maybe you should just come and try it out for a week or two then decide whether it's for you? :)

lollyluu

HSC
Really? Awesome! hehe I really can't wait to get out of melbourne..its boring me to bits and I really want to travel or go someplace different. Planning to visit Sydney after my exams at the end of the year to see how its like. I don't know if I should apply for uni next year or maybe mid year..hmm still deciding ^^"

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
chicky_pie said:
Sydney is like so clean and perfect, a lot of friendly people, and you will never bump into bad people (apart from Aboriginals)
Mmm sweet sarcasm...

I lived in Sydney until I was 6, then moved up to the Goldy. From what I can remember, it's a case of Spot the Aussie. We lived in Merrylands West which was infiltrated by Arabs and Lebanese. In my kindergarten class, out of something like 30 kids there were only 3 Anglo students.

Maybe I'm just multiculturally deficit, but the last time I went to Sydney (about 2 years ago) was pretty enjoyable. I love Darling Harbour and the CBD.

I don't think I'm of much help, but this is just my opinion. =]

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
gcchick said:
Mmm sweet sarcasm...

I lived in Sydney until I was 6, then moved up to the Goldy. From what I can remember, it's a case of Spot the Aussie. We lived in Merrylands West which was infiltrated by Arabs and Lebanese. In my kindergarten class, out of something like 30 kids there were only 3 Anglo students.

Maybe I'm just multiculturally deficit, but the last time I went to Sydney (about 2 years ago) was pretty enjoyable. I love Darling Harbour and the CBD.

I don't think I'm of much help, but this is just my opinion. =]

That what happens when you live in Western Sydney, you miss out the rest of Sydney. Now stay up in Queensland and don't come back :)

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
chicky_pie said:
That what happens when you live in Western Sydney, you miss out the rest of Sydney. Now stay up in Queensland and don't come back :)
Gladly. Gold Coast & Qld pwns all.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
bodyglove said:
wtf? what do you think it means!?

the transport system in this city is on par with nigeria and sudan, hardly any economic development in the outer western suburbs...thank god i dont like in those areas (penrith, black town etc etc)

we have one of the worst health care system in the modern era... japan, Malaysia and Europe are leap years ahead of Sydney..

its an embarrassment.
there is hardly any economic growth here.. the state govt has screwed us over so bad its going to take at least 2 decades to get this city on par with any other international city of the 21st century.

i swear, if any uni students votes for labor at the nest state elections, im going to break their necks.

You've just summed up Australia, not just N.S.W :D

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bodyglove said:
the transport system in this city is on par with nigeria and sudan, hardly any economic development in the outer western suburbs...thank god i dont like in those areas (penrith, black town etc etc)

we have one of the worst health care system in the modern era... japan, Malaysia and Europe are leap years ahead of Sydney..
You seriously think these things are better outside of the state capital?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bodyglove said:
have you ever been to the outer western suburbs? blacktown and penrith are thriving commercial centres. and transport in sydney is nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Triangulum said:
have you ever been to the outer western suburbs? blacktown and penrith are thriving commercial centres. and transport in sydney is nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.
yeah man, get off the bong.

aussie-boy

HSC
if were talking about public transport, sydney's pwns over melbournes - ours isnt private so is cheaper, and we have 8 carriage double decker trains while you have single decker 6 carriage trains

cafes and clothes shoppping are apparently shitter up here

but the climate is 100* better, and we have amazing scenery +beaches less than 8km from the cbd

brixen

HSC
Melbourne is so much better than Sydney. All I hear about on the news when they talk about sydney is how violent its becoming. All I hear about in Melbourne is how beautifully cultured, and multicultured it is.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
srsly, reading good things about Melbourne is fucking pissing me off.

FUCK. this state is ruined. political correctness gone mad, society corrupt, criminals roaming the street...

ITS FUCKED.

going to take 2 decades to fix this joint.

/rant.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
brixen said:
Melbourne is so much better than Sydney. All I hear about on the news when they talk about sydney is how violent its becoming. All I hear about in Melbourne is how beautifully cultured, and multicultured it is.

lol multicultural. Last time I checked, everyone hate Africans and Asian crimes is on the rise in Melb, but all could be said about Sydney as well.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
bigboyjames said:
srsly, reading good things about Melbourne is fucking pissing me off.

FUCK. this state is ruined. political correctness gone mad, society corrupt, criminals roaming the street...

ITS FUCKED.

going to take 2 decades to fix this joint.

/rant.

Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma,
Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma,Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Labor, Labor, Labor, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma, Morris Iemma.

nicollette

HSC
brixen said:
Only politicians use the word 'multicultural'. I live in Melbourne and the only good thing about it would be the city. Excellent resteraunts, good entertainment and all that jazz. Oh yeah..multiculturalism my ass, most people are quite rascist to be honest (against asians & africans).

sthcross.dude

HSC
Triangulum said:
He's right. There is alot of economic activity. But they are bad for other reasons, i.e. the people that inhabit them.

Also what is with these people being concerned about the level of "aussie" people in the areas. Believe me, it makes no difference.

Where I live, according to the census, 50% of the people were born overseas. More than half have Asian backgrounds. It makes absolutely no difference to my life whatsover. They are all just people getting on with their lives in much the same way as everyone else.

gcchick said:
And fyi, Merrylands has always been shit. The Arabs didn't come and suddenly make it a shithole. It has problems because it is full of poor people. Check it on the abs website, it has higher unemployment, lower education levels and lower average wages. Suburbs with equivilent socio economic factors in areas like Brisbane or regional Australia where most of the people are anglo are just as shit as the poor suburbs of Sydney with high ethnic populations, if not worse.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)