MQ Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice and sunny today! Perfect day to procrastionate on uni!

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone's student card have an expiration date on it?

I was just in my bank (albeit I work for said bank) and I needed my student fee waiver done for another year. But they said "oh your card doesn't have an expiry so we're not supposed to accept this".

Now luckily for me working for the bank I got around it, but I've realised there is other organisations that offer discounts to students that might reject them without the expiry.

My old card had an expiry on it before I had to replace it, so I've never really noticed until now!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

I was just in my bank (albeit I work for said bank) and I needed my student fee waiver done for another year. But they said "oh your card doesn't have an expiry so we're not supposed to accept this".

Now luckily for me working for the bank I got around it, but I've realised there is other organisations that offer discounts to students that might reject them without the expiry.

My old card had an expiry on it before I had to replace it, so I've never really noticed until now!
Nah mine doesn't have an expirey on it so I was planning to use it as long as possible for discounts.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Nah mine doesn't have an expirey on it so I was planning to use it as long as possible for discounts.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm okay then. Might need to find out who at work looks after these things. I have a feeling there is only a handful or less students who are also customers at my company, but there needs to be an alternative somewhere. :)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Wasted $40 today because when I tried to get a quote for what I wanted done printing wise it gave me $35.

Real cost $10 :( rip bank account

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Wasted $40 today because when I tried to get a quote for what I wanted done printing wise it gave me $35.

Real cost $10 :( rip bank account
Should do a computing unit for those sweet sweet printing privileges (which isn't much but I've printed things like twice in 6 years at uni)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Should do a computing unit for those sweet sweet printing privileges (which isn't much but I've printed things like twice in 6 years at uni)
I wanted it bound but I've printed for free in the computer labs before.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Decided to take the scenic route to uni today. Took 1 hour 45 minutes.

Also there is a fire nearby at North Ryde. Ryde road is currently closed, so possible delays home tonight :(

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Uh Mac centre is not a good place to pass the time.

The fire alarm seems to go off once a week, and then a staff member grabbed the AED in the food court and that had a deafening alarm too! They brought it back and it stoppes

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
the toll free way?
Well normally I take the bus and it's 2 stops and approx 20 minutes (which goes along the M2 .. so there's tolls I guess)

Today I took the bus to Parramatta, then the train from Parra to Macquarie via Central :D

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Been looking into transferring from Applied Finance/Commerce (Accounting) to a bachelor of commerce majoring in finance and economics. I can do it and graduate normally as if i did it from the start. I really dislike accounting while I enjoy economics. I've read that economics is a helpful major to have for financial analyst type roles (which i want to one day find myself in anyways). Thoughts?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
If you can't see yourself becoming an accountant, then do it. IMO, getting into accounting later is easier than trying to go from being an accountant to finance/Econ.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Been looking into transferring from Applied Finance/Commerce (Accounting) to a bachelor of commerce majoring in finance and economics. I can do it and graduate normally as if i did it from the start. I really dislike accounting while I enjoy economics. I've read that economics is a helpful major to have for financial analyst type roles (which i want to one day find myself in anyways). Thoughts?
From what I've seen and been told, it would probably be beneficial to have the ability to take CA/CPA if possible.
+ Take econometric units as electives and gain SAP/oracle skillls

For example, this job description requires
Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Finance
Hold CA or CPA qualification
https://careers.telstra.com/jobs/582580/finance-analyst/?source=IND

Last edited:

mrstripedshades

HSC
How do you feel about AFIN102? It's a huge jump in difficulty imo.
yea for sure. most people feel this way. Would be a massive help if there was weekly quizzes with the practice sets imo, that helped make finance really easy to understand for me (even tho acst101 wasnt complicated anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)