MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Also guys which is the best place to buy a coffee on campus, and which is the best place to buy in the Macquarie centre.

(Not concerned on price, only taste is a consideration)
I can tell you that you shouldn't buy from the library cafe, its bad. I've heard that the coffee near MUSE is good (though I've never had it)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Are you switching from combination Commerce - Professional accounting to Commerce with a major in accounting?

If so, the Commerce - Accounting major is not an accredited course by the institute of chartered accountants. Those missing subjects (audit, tax law and a finance unit from memory) are necessary for your degree to be recognised. There are foundations courses offered through the institute once you graduate, but again, this extends the time before you can start CA.

You could take the missing subjects as electives, but you will need to have your qualifications assessed differently and this makes things more difficult and time consuming.

If you want to work in a grad role in say, a Big 4 or Mid Tier accounting, they will nor consider you if you are not eligible. Some smaller or commercial firms may be willing for CPA or even after foundations, but obviously it's narrowing your choices.

I can't speak on behalf of finance from applied finance, but I'd suggest checking for any accreditation that may not be available after.
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I'm gonna stick with my degree :)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I can tell you that you shouldn't buy from the library cafe, its bad. I've heard that the coffee near MUSE is good (though I've never had it)
You talking about the Coffee Cart outside W2.4A?

There's also a Staff Cafe at W5A, not sure if we can go in.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my concession opal officially is no more. We had a good run. RIP concession :cry:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my concession opal officially is no more. We had a good run. RIP concession :cry:
My concession Entitlement Card came today(for travelling outside OPAL zones)

The prepaid envelope was sent from Victoria!!! No wonder it took more then a week!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
The Coffee Emporium at Macquarie Centre does pretty good coffee but it is $4.00 for a small :(

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
What's with uni assignments and low word limits?

ACCG100 assignment has 6 questions with a 1000 word limit.

????

mrstripedshades

HSC
What's with uni assignments and low word limits?

ACCG100 assignment has 6 questions with a 1000 word limit.

????
isnt it 5? not near the end, but imo it seems perfectly doable (its actually 1100 tbh, 1000 is minimum) as an essay

that being said im not near the end. What kind of sources are expected of us btw? are news articles for the most part fine you think?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
isnt it 5? not near the end, but imo it seems perfectly doable (its actually 1100 tbh, 1000 is minimum) as an essay

that being said im not near the end. What kind of sources are expected of us btw? are news articles for the most part fine you think?
Ah yea, 5 questions. But including intro and conclusion its about like ~200 each. I think news articles are okay. For my first assignment I put a book just in case (it was from google books). Only one book though, the rest are news articles and blogs.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

I'd double check with a tutor/unit lecturer what the specific requirements are in terms of sources.

BBA102 was fairly strict and we had to use all journal articles, but in MKTG101 it was fine not to use journal articles.

Last edited:

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
I know what you mean I had a stat assignment and it's like a single question is worth 12 marks when there is only like 6 lines of working max...

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Assignments always have stupid word limits.

To be honest though, I know 200 words or 1000 words total doesn't seem like a lot of space, but I've found when I actually write my assignments that they're usually quite close to what I write.

I do have an assignment now that has no word limit, but instead has suggested "20 pages or so" :lol:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also FYI guys I forgot that at muse, there is a JP who can certify copies of documents if we show the original.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
First major assignment has been submitted! YAY!

6k+ words later... :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)