MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I probably won't be moving as where I live now is really convenient for travel to Sydney (it's the most southern town of the Central Coast). I'm not going to drive to uni (too expensive :p) so I'll catch public transport. It's just that UTS, USyd, UNSW and even WSU (City campus) are all near Wynard and in the CBD whereas MQ is stuck right out in suburbia for whatever reason.

Also, another question, if I do a commerce degree, would it possible to schedule all your classes in 2 days (I've heard it's possible)?

Thnx
For first year most likely! Plus most lectures happen to be recorded :) so even if you can't make a two day timetable due to lectures, then you are likely to be able to watch the lectures online.

Kolmias

HSC
Awesome guys, just thank you so much for the info I've gotten out of this thread.

mrstripedshades

HSC
K thnx

Is anyone involved with the MQU Accounting Society (or whatever it's called)? What do these societies even do?
Im technically a member, but I've not gone to an event yet. Society's are basically a good way to sometimes learn skills, but mainly they offer a great networking opportunity. Involvement in them also counts as Extracurriculars, which are often important in landing grad jobs (thats if u get a role in the society).

They host some decent events as well as in for knowledge with industry people that come in such as KPMG. To me though the MUBS seems useless, their parties seem pretty poor to me and its pointless besides the parties.

You can def do tutes in 2 days easily, I could actually go 8 times this sem on two days and rest just as one day as i had all tutes on oen day except one.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Can you a double major in a Science Degree? (E.g. maths and software technology)

EDIT: When it says that a Bachelor of Science can be done externally, does it mean every single unit can be done online and there is no need to go to the campus (even for tutorials)? I've seen that a lot of units aren't offered externally so I'm not sure how this would be possible...

Are all unit lectures streamed online?

Last edited:

Kolmias

HSC
Pretty sure you catch two for MQU. It's Central Coast line then change at Strathfield iirc

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
From the Central coast line you change at Berowra or Hornsby on a non express train. Express uses the T1 northern Line anyhow.

Your going past Macquarie anyway which is the confusion I'm having. Yes you have to change twice, but you'd transfer at Chatswood most likely. It's at least another 30 minutes on to Central station after Chatswood.

Your not going to Wynyard for sure. Complete wrong end of the city. The UNSW busses and UTS are close to Central, and USYD is walkable from Central or Redfern stations.

WSU's CBD campus is closet to Town Hall or Museum stations.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
From the Central coast line you change at Berowra or Hornsby on a non express train. Express uses the T1 northern Line anyhow.

Your going past Macquarie anyway which is the confusion I'm having. Yes you have to change twice, but you'd transfer at Chatswood most likely. It's at least another 30 minutes on to Central station after Chatswood.

Your not going to Wynyard for sure. Complete wrong end of the city. The UNSW busses and UTS are close to Central, and USYD is walkable from Central or Redfern stations.

Do you if there's an express from Woy Woy to Macquarie?

I heard of some 4 stop train that goes to some uni...

mrstripedshades

HSC
Half the answers for the practice tests provided on iLearn are wrong, whether by a few decimals or just silly mistakes. This is for Stats by the way.

Glad I decided to only do the pracs provided... They say units have changed and I didnt think it was worth bothering to be honest, I'll see if it works out I guess but this is seriously pissing me off.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

I've caught an express from Newcastle(Hamilton) to Epping before.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)