MQ Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Not a real fan of Grapeshot, most of the times I've picked it up haven't found anything that grabbed me. Still think its important that the University has a "free" press on Campus. The Uni does restrict it from publishing articles from time to time (e.g weren't allowed to run an article on campus wide rape and harrassment, and have been restricted on gaining access to the src meetings) and recently the Uni has forced a Grapeshot editor to step down.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
So it was Orwell being noisy in the library! (I was the one giving off the massive death stares. Hi!)

As for Grapeshot, I've never actually seen a copy in the stand at E4A. :lol:But even then, it's a student magazine yes? So probably people who want to be journalists writing about whatever "interesting" topic they want to talk about. Obviously they are free to write about any topic of their choosing, and some people will not agree with that content.

Personally, I just follow MQ pages on social media to keep up with what's happening around campus. It's not really my cup of tea either, so I just follow what i like.
MQ Ducks Probably the best one ;)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone have any idea of how to cite a published article entirely on the commentary of another author? The entire article is the commentary https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/...on-attracting-more-girls-to-construction-play

This is in Harvard Style. I have a feeling in-text citation is (cited in [publishing author, date]) but I'm not entirely sure on the reference list format.
I'd probably cite it as a blog in this case, but depending on your tutor for that subject if you email them, they may respond quickly.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I swear the more I read about tax for my assignment, the more confused I get.

I think my assumptions and reasoning sounds logically...
or maybe I'm deluding myself :/

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Heads up, free food tomorrow in the central courtyard from 12pm-2pm.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Why is the free food never at places I am? :(

asKim

HSC
Hey guys, I recently got an offer at MQ for Mechanical Engineering, but I'm wondering what everyone's outlook on the engineering faculty is like in 2017?

I generally like maths but I don't do physics as a HSC subject which is a big part of engineering, so I'm sort of lost on what to do. Engineering seems 'fun' and decently stable long-term investment for my future, but is MQ's engineering reputable? Please help :)

Cena123

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I recently got an offer at MQ for Mechanical Engineering, but I'm wondering what everyone's outlook on the engineering faculty is like in 2017?

I generally like maths but I don't do physics as a HSC subject which is a big part of engineering, so I'm sort of lost on what to do. Engineering seems 'fun' and decently stable long-term investment for my future, but is MQ's engineering reputable? Please help :)
I don't think MQ is "known" for eng.
Anyways, grats on the offer

asKim

HSC
I don't think MQ is "known" for eng.
Anyways, grats on the offer
Yeah Ive heard, but apparently it is accreddited by Engineering Australia. However my main goal is to at least get into UTS Engineering. Thanks :)

Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm afraid i don't know much about Engineering at MQ either!

I do know that MQ deliberately only focuses on a small area of engineering (Mechanical/Electronics etc) because it allows them to focus on delivering this well.

Obviously a lot of people choose places like UNSW because they gave a good engineering rep. But a lot probably choose disciplines like Civil and Petroleum because of their popularity.

I think if you did study at MQ, you'll find the teaching experience is quite good because of the small, technological focus rather than catering to all engineering disciplines.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Congratulations on the offer.

asKim

HSC
I'm afraid i don't know much about Engineering at MQ either!

I do know that MQ deliberately only focuses on a small area of engineering (Mechanical/Electronics etc) because it allows them to focus on delivering this well.

Obviously a lot of people choose places like UNSW because they gave a good engineering rep. But a lot probably choose disciplines like Civil and Petroleum because of their popularity.

I think if you did study at MQ, you'll find the teaching experience is quite good because of the small, technological focus rather than catering to all engineering disciplines.
Mhmm yeah Ive heard about that, thanks :) I'll still try keep my options open haha

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Mhmm yeah Ive heard about that, thanks :) I'll still try keep my options open haha

Which is closer? But I'd probably agree and say UTS engineering > MQ Engineering.

However we don't have trimesters which you might like?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone tried Cult Eatery at Y3A? Wondering if its worth the hike to get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)