MQ Chatter Thread (4 Viewers)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like my estudent just stuffed up.
If it's not showing not properly, send an ask.mq request. I had an issue with things not coming up after one of my transfers and they fixed it quickly.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
From a MQ Facebook page:

Our new food, beverage and social precinct - The Campus Common - is almost ready to open its doors! From Monday 6 November you'll be able to check out the new space and its mix of food and beverage retailers including the Ubar. This means that Friday 3 November is the last day the Campus Hub vendors will be open.

More info: http://macq.it/2idu8qT
Vendor list + opening hours: http://macq.it/2i94cfR

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
From a MQ Facebook page:

Our new food, beverage and social precinct - The Campus Common - is almost ready to open its doors! From Monday 6 November you'll be able to check out the new space and its mix of food and beverage retailers including the Ubar. This means that Friday 3 November is the last day the Campus Hub vendors will be open.

More info: http://macq.it/2idu8qT
Vendor list + opening hours: http://macq.it/2i94cfR
Still mad we don't have an icecreamery place.

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
damn, how strict is MQ uni with internal transfers. im doing bach of commerce (Accounting) and want to transfer to Bach of commerce - prof accounting. the gpa requirement to transfer is 2.5. i think im a few points below. but i have accounting experience and extracurriculars etc. i dont think they look at these experiences and just measure your gpa. hmm. i hope they aren't too strict with gpa.

Last edited:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you on the 4.0 scale or 7.0 one?

I didn't have an issue with my internal transfer, though I didn't have a GPA requirement. You can't actually give any additional documentation as to why your transfering (Ie. In Your case you wouldn't be able to say you've got experience) , so they only assess you against GPA.

You could continue your degree until you've got a 2.5 GPA. Just do the same subjects as professional accounting and it shouldn't make any issues when you do transfer.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Food trucks this week:

Wednesday 1 November
Shiso Fine - Central Courtyard
Belgian Bakers Waffles - Wally's Walk
Thursday 2 November
Miss Mabel's - Central Courtyard
Eat Art Truck - Wally's Walk
Friday 3 November
Maude's food truck - Central Courtyard
Inbocca - Wally's Walk

Also free breakfast (go to Maze level 3 of muse) between 10am to 1pm 2nd November (This thursday)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Did it early but its pretty bad :eek2:
Yeah the problem with early timetables is you either get something fantastic or not enough classes are available yet so you end up with the basics and it's awful. I normally just check back once a week until I find better slots.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah the problem with early timetables is you either get something fantastic or not enough classes are available yet so you end up with the basics and it's awful. I normally just check back once a week until I find better slots.
Doubt they'll add lectures or seminars/tutorials to make my timetable better. I suppose that's the bad thing about third year.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I have a couple of friends that are deciding to do 3 units instead of 4 for second year. Now that I think about it makes sense, with units getting harder and workload increasing for each one, as well as the better potential to look for part time jobs/internships to develop your resume. If it feels too chill I'll just switch back the next semester.

Have you guys thought about this?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO seems a bit silly to drop to 3 if you don't have anything lined up or can cope with the work load. Your putting yourself behind early, and if you do get an internship/grad offer, your going to force yourself to overload because you haven't got a summer session to fall back on.

Maybe wait until your 3rd/Final year before doing it. If you don't get an internship, take a unit over summer so you can do 3 subjects in semester 1 of your final year (when grad applications and interviews occur). If you do get an internship, then you know your going to finish on time without overloading.

My grad offer is conditional on me graduating by a certain date. There were two other interns I know had to turn down their offers because they would not complete by that date. Basically, they'll have to do grad applications all over again at the start of next year during their last semester. If they don't get mid year intake, that could mean 6+ months without income because they can't get Youth Allowance and may not have a job anywhere else.

But of course it's up to you.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Changes to the Disruption to Studies policy from 4 December 2017

https://my.mq.edu.au/news/2017/11/10/new-special-consideration-policy/

Quick summary:
-Now called Special Consideration
-Clear details and procedures for long term illness and exam period illness (among other things)
-One form for all units will now take place
-New types of supporting evidence allowed (Medical Certificates are now accepted again)
-Removal of Withdrawal without academic penalty happening without student consent, now becoming recommended if an application is unsuccessful.

Full policy can be found here: https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/strate...and-procedures/policies/special-consideration

Orwell

HSC
Is it best to knock out both the planet and people unit in the first year or should I space them out?

Additionally, what does day and external mean and what's the difference if any?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)