mq or uws (1 Viewer)

Nadiaa

HSC
I'm starting uni next semester in mq doing B social science. i really want to do B medical science. I've got 2 choices:
1. i can transfer this time next year in B med science in mq
or
2. start next semester in uws

what do you all think?
where is the teaching staff better, better experience and where can i recieve the first hand practical experience i need.

If you think uws, which campus.
Your help would be largely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I'd go UWS. Just because, I've never really seen Macq as a "sciency" uni.
Also UWS, have a fairly new medicine building, not too sure if Med Sci students would get to utilize it though.

Nadiaa

HSC
yeah thats the campeltown campus.
hmm so u think so? campeltown is too far from where i am- ill prolly go richmond campus

Last edited:

fishfingerz

HSC
I'm starting uni next semester in mq doing B social science. i really want to do B medical science. I've got 2 choices:
or

what do you all think?
where is the teaching staff better, better experience and where can i recieve the first hand practical experience i need.

Thanks in advance!
It would be better going UWS and saving half a year. Plus the tuition fee at MQ is much, much higher. Why limit yourself to just the two as well? There is UTS, UNSW and USYD to ponder as well. You can transfer there from any institution as long as your gpa is min. credit ave.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
I'd go UWS. Just because, I've never really seen Macq as a "sciency" uni.
Also UWS, have a fairly new medicine building, not too sure if Med Sci students would get to utilize it though.
lol more like sciency uws campus

sciency uws campus = cambelltown + has great facilities i hear

Nadiaa

HSC
what is it possible to get onto medical science on uts, usyd or unsw even if I'm doing b social science in mq?? :s
if so what is the best uni to apply for and easier to get into and how?

kooltrainer

HSC
i think you should definitely go unsw or usyd .. (unsw before usyd)

X

xeuyrawp

or

what do you all think?

Thanks in advance!
Firstly: Why have you got two choices?
Secondly: As you've seen the advice here is pretty shoddy - 'Go to UWS because I've never really seen Macq as a "sciency" uni', I mean, really.

Honestly, what you should do is visit the unis and talk to current students at each place. Also, as has been said, re-assess whether you really only have two choices. Lastly, you really need to give more information about your circumstances if you want good advice - as an example, where you live can be a big factor in which university might be better for you.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Firstly: Why have you got two choices?
Secondly: As you've seen the advice here is pretty shoddy - 'Go to UWS because I've never really seen Macq as a "sciency" uni', I mean, really.

Honestly, what you should do is visit the unis and talk to current students at each place. Also, as has been said, re-assess whether you really only have two choices. Lastly, you really need to give more information about your circumstances if you want good advice - as an example, where you live can be a big factor in which university might be better for you.
This is such a good post IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)