MQ students doing E-business, Current/ new students (1 Viewer)

Jaron2005

HSC
Hey guys, I am considering doing bachelor of E-business at Macquarie Uni, I just got a very quick question, is mathematics involved in this course? is 2u or 3u maths required for this course?

Because i have checked other uni and E-business is not required in most other Uni.

I was wondering does this apply to Macquarie as well.

I also got an enquiry as I read on the MQ website, that there was 3 stream to E-business, which is Management, Technology and Multimedia, I was wondering once we are offered a spot, do they allow us to pick which stream that we want to specify in?, Like if I were Choose management , I will only do that and won't do Technology and Multimedia am I correct? as stated below

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/degree.php?edition=2005&id=21062

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Last edited:

Jaron2005

HSC
Cmon guys, I really need your insight and confirmation as the preference for late round offers ends tonight.

:confused:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
well from ur the handbook, it looks like you don't need to do any direct maths unless u choose the tech stream. and yeh you only do one stream.. but errmm.. when i was doing it, i never actually 'picked' the stream... i just did the right units.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Jaron2005 said:
Hey guys, I am considering doing bachelor of E-business at Macquarie Uni, I just got a very quick question, is mathematics involved in this course? is 2u or 3u maths required for this course?

Because i have checked other uni and E-business is not required in most other Uni.

I was wondering does this apply to Macquarie as well.

I also got an enquiry as I read on the MQ website, that there was 3 stream to E-business, which is Management, Technology and Multimedia, I was wondering once we are offered a spot, do they allow us to pick which stream that we want to specify in?, Like if I were Choose management , I will only do that and won't do Technology and Multimedia am I correct? as stated below

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/degree.php?edition=2005&id=21062

Thanks in advance

Cheers
dont know much about this, but if its like any other degree you definitely dont need to worry about what 'stream' you want to pursue yet. That probably comes later (say in 2nd-3rd year, when you start to be selective in your units).

HSC
N/A
Jaron2005 said:
Cmon guys, I really need your insight and confirmation as the preference for late round offers ends tonight.
I don't know whether this is too late, but you really should contact the uni and the relevant acadmic advising numbers etc...

At the end of the day, we're just students ourselves... half of us are still a tad confused on how our own degrees work, although fortunately a number of us have had mentor/PR training and can give some sort of direction... the forum definately a good place to ask questions if you can't find them elsewhere but you should never give up the opportunity to contact the uni directly, choosing instead to rely on us to be able to give you all the answers :/

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I wish I went to MQ. You guys seem to have so many awesome people. Namely Kylie.

:santa:

Jaron2005

HSC
Thanks guys, Ill try contact MQ, I really hope ill get offer this course in the late round, as I already got an offer from UWS, but very reluctant to enrol there, so waiting for the late round.

The one thing that holding me back is the distance travelled, I live around the Cabramatta/Fairfield area, so it will take me a while to get to the campus, as Ill have to take a train to parramatta and take a bus from parra to the campus, the bus trip alone will take atleast a hour.

and It will be very difficult if I have a early start, say 8:30am

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)