Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's more a thing about how preachers of religion can turn people crazy with their dogmatic bullshit.

Even sadder is the chaotic home life that will probably pass the insanity on to her kids, just like wife-beating is passed down. Did you catch the daughter saying "It's my fault"? Oh yeah, big can of misery and undeserved guilt.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
basically this big fat Yankee she-christian fundamentalist comes home from one of her daughter's friend's house as part of the program Wife Swap and she goes ballistic cause they do pagan rituals and don't believe in God and she gets more and more hysterical telling the television crew to leave if they are 'dark sided' or don't believe in Jesus. Seriously it's people like these that make me feel like a normal person.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
And then at the end... we find out what a nice woman she was with the allocation of the money - the greedy bitch changes her mind and takes it. I do have a real soft spot for her tho... she has as dull meaningless life and has been brought up on her religion, she's just trying to love her kids...etc etc :(

tempco

HSC
Taken from alt.muslim

Safiyyah Ally said:
Why are we so exciteable anyway? Why even care what a newspaper thinks? The cartoons, horrendous though they may be, need not affect a Muslim's impression of the Prophet, for our tradition clearly shows him to be a man imbued with dignity, morality and goodness. The Prophet was ridiculed from the moment he started receiving revelation in Mecca more than 1400 years ago. The mockery - even the threats on his life - are well documented in the Quran and hadith literature. A few cartoons will do little to harm him - or us.

Some might argue that Islam bars any depiction of the Prophet. Even so, we Muslims cannot force other people to appreciate the Prophet the way we do. We live, for the most part, in free societies, and there are countless opportunities to share with others our own vision of the Prophet and to convince others that he is a man to be honoured and dignified. We can do so by living like the Prophet did, by behaving and speaking in the noble manner of the Prophet himself, and by showing ourselves to be the rightful followers of this blessed man.
She knows what she's talking about.

And when will Muslim governments realise boycotting the Danes is ridiculously hypocritical? They're punishing the majority (including Danish Muslims - oh the irony) for something the minority did.

davin

HSC
N/A
ooook.... she... is nuts. way nuts. (about the religion thing)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
British court jails radical Muslim cleric

smh.com.au/news/world/ra...39074254440.html

Radical Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri has been sentenced to seven years in prison after being found guilty of incitement of racial hatred and soliciting murder.
"You helped to create an atmosphere in which to kill has come to be regarded by some as not only a legitimate course but a moral and a religious duty in pursuit of perceived injustice," the judge said.

"No one can now say what damage your words may have caused. No one can say whether your audience, present or wider, acted on your words ... The potential for direct and indirect danger through what you said is simply incalculable."
excellent. finally the government is doing something about this.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Actually I see very little difference, criticism is usually insulting to the person(s) whom it is being directed towards
Crictism is not rude- lol -wtf. criticism is putting forward your view which is against the others. it's not rude or meant to be rude. Its not really insulting, (some people cant take crictcism).

Basically you find a fault and you show it - thats not being rude.

A recent survey done by the BBC asked UK Muslims whether they felt a bomb attack in the UK is justified - 7% of respondents said yes. These are muslims in a country where you would think they would be much more moderate, and in a situation where they would fear to give the answer of 'yes'.

I haven't seen too many studies on how many muslims support suicide bombings - but I'm afraid most signs i've seen so far show the number is probably high.
7% is particularly low, considering how muslims have been portrayed in the media etc. Muslims feel as though they are being prosecuted and to some extent this is true. Media discriminates against, america invading afghanistan and iraq etc. So naturally some would feel at ill with the western world. Just like many westerner feel towards muslims. If you pose a question, do you believe muslims are terrorist? in uk, i am sure the majority (or quite a significant figure) will believe t hat they are terrorists.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
OMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG r u ppl still going on about dis.............i guess its big newz huh......serious stuff......:sleep: nwayz..........in studies of religion da other day.............we were talking about da muhammad controversy for da whole two periods for 2 freakin dayz..............n everyone started arguing with eachother n da teacher got involved too..........lol but it was fun to watch but i guess we didnt learn anything for two dayz!!! but i dont mind nwayz..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
OMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG r u ppl still going on about dis.............i guess its big newz huh......serious stuff......:sleep: nwayz..........in studies of religion da other day.............we were talking about da muhammad controversy for da whole two periods for 2 freakin dayz..............n everyone started arguing with eachother n da teacher got involved too..........lol but it was fun to watch but i guess we didnt learn anything for two dayz!!! but i dont mind nwayz..
ok, u have a excitin life.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Crictism is not rude- lol -wtf. criticism is putting forward your view which is against the others. it's not rude or meant to be rude. Its not really insulting, (some people cant take crictcism).

Basically you find a fault and you show it - thats not being rude.
The fault they found is the way in which muhammeds teachings are now a tool for radical terrorist islam - to demonstrate this they used a cartoon. If they had stated this, there would still be people pissed off in the same situation (people going around distributing false information about the cartoons, or in my hypothetical situation - what was said).

7% is particularly low, considering how muslims have been portrayed in the media etc. Muslims feel as though they are being prosecuted and to some extent this is true. Media discriminates against, america invading afghanistan and iraq etc. So naturally some would feel at ill with the western world.
Well it's not low at all really... they're saying they want to bomb people in the UK.. and that is a very conservative estimate for the reasons I stated. But yes, they are pissed off at the west for various reasons (obviously).

If you pose a question, do you believe muslims are terrorist? in uk, i am sure the majority (or quite a significant figure) will believe t hat they are terrorists.
Well muslims are terrorists - not all of them, but there is a large number of muslims whom are terrorists/support terrorism.

davin

HSC
N/A
so you mean if we say bad things about them, then they lose their morality? i can think of plenty of groups treated poorly by the media or society that don't reach the point where nearly one in ten sees bombing civlians as logical.
how would you say muslims are being prosecuted? where is that happening?

they seem to react more volitily to what happenes in europe without entering the arab world than vice versa.

tempco

HSC
HotShot said:
7% is particularly low, considering how muslims have been portrayed in the media etc. Muslims feel as though they are being prosecuted and to some extent this is true. Media discriminates against, america invading afghanistan and iraq etc. So naturally some would feel at ill with the western world. Just like many westerner feel towards muslims. If you pose a question, do you believe muslims are terrorist? in uk, i am sure the majority (or quite a significant figure) will believe t hat they are terrorists.
Yikes, 7%? That's pretty high. There's approximately 1.6 million Muslims in the UK... I mean even if 1% of Muslims voted, that's 1,120 Muslims who think that innocent people deserved to die.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
OMG like ya. totalyy. are yuo .....gonna go now ........buy two seasons of ......Simple Life on DVD?...............

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
u know wat i reckon..................not all muslims r terrorists---------- n those who r terrorists arent following islam the right way...............i mean........all da normal muslims know dat committing suicide, damaging property n killing others is completely forbbiden in islam..........so wat da hell hell do these crazy terrorists think they r doing........a "good deed". like seriously wat freaks..............they r totally putting da reputation of muslims down da drain...............i hope all these psycho terrorists die!!!!!!!!for da sake of da normal muslims

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
u know wat i reckon..................not all muslims r terrorists---------- n those who r terrorists arent following islam the right way...............i mean........all da normal muslims know dat committing suicide, damaging property n killing others is completely forbbiden in islam..........so wat da hell hell do these crazy terrorists think they r doing........a "good deed". like seriously wat freaks..............they r totally putting da reputation of muslims down da drain...............i hope all these psycho terrorists die!!!!!!!!for da sake of da normal muslims
Do you know what NON-SCHOOL thread is? princesses should speak there, Let the big boys sort this out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)