Music Thread (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
So hey what's everyone's opinion on music these days? Talk about any and all music. Like the old rock n' rock stars, Bob Dylan, is complaining about all those new guys who say they are saving rock are full of themselves. What's with the hip-hop music drought? Ain't nothing good been out for 3 months now, what's wrong? Destiny's Child's new music ain't as good as their previous albums. Someone work in the music industry can tell us what's going on?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Most mainstream stuff is crap now yeah, but there's still some decent more underground stuff being released.

HSC
transcendent said:
What's with the hip-hop music drought? Ain't nothing good been out for 3 months now, what's wrong? ?

Pimp C's new album just came out, 112's new album coming soon, N.O.R.E coming soon, will smith coming soon, rap and hip hop drought isn't that bad

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
Pimp C's new album just came out, 112's new album coming soon, N.O.R.E coming soon, will smith coming soon, rap and hip hop drought isn't that bad
pfft they are all shit
you want real rap you have to listen to music made by the REAL gangstas
i.e. 50 cent cause he got shot

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah but kerrazy does mostly obscure metal that isn't licensed or tracked by the RIAA. Oh and lokitorrent wasnt actually shutdown, it was a scam to get money for non existant legal costs.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
for me, i see the future of music being metal.

I don't know how many more takes on rap/hip hop you can find, but pretty much everything after 1996 is boring, unoriginal shit to me.

pop music is a fucking joke.

the only jazz i can stand at all is Frank Zappa (awesome)

there seems to be a big thing about everyone listening to shitty bands like Jet, The Strokes, The Vines etc, thanks to magazines like Rolling Stone, now it's trendy to say things like 'OMG Led Zeppelin were the greatest thing to happen to music' and to wear AC/DC shirts, which a few years back would have been the mark of a bogan.

For some reason it's become acceptable to be 'emo' these days, and listen to SHIT like Linkin Park and Simple Plan - these 'bands' are in themselves a by product of the mainstream, and I don't think I've heard any non country music that is so bad that it literally makes me want to explode in a rage every time I'm forced to hear it.

Last edited:

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
www.epitonic.com - purely legal, though I think they haven't updated it lately.

No offense to anyone, but I hate hip hop. It's all I hear on the radio. I'll be going deaf soon.

Not all "pop" sucks. pop like Belle and Sebastian, Blonde Redhead, etc. Call it Indie pop if you want, it's still pop.

oh, and \m/

HSC
I </3 people who write off entire genres after having only been exposed to the crappy side of them.
sucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksuck

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
for me, i see the future of music being metal.

I don't know how many more takes on rap/hip hop you can find, but pretty much everything after 1996 is boring, unoriginal shit to me.

pop music is a fucking joke.

the only jazz i can stand at all is Frank Zappa (awesome)

there seems to be a big thing about everyone listening to shitty bands like Jet, The Strokes, The Vines etc, thanks to magazines like Rolling Stone, now it's trendy to say things like 'OMG Led Zeppelin were the greatest thing to happen to music' and to wear AC/DC shirts, which a few years back would have been the mark of a bogan.

For some reason it's become acceptable to be 'emo' these days, and listen to SHIT like Linkin Park and Simple Plan - these 'bands' are in themselves a by product of the mainstream, and I don't think I've heard any non country music that is so bad that it literally makes me want to explode in a rage every time I'm forced to hear it.
I disagree, the populous is dumb, and getting dumber. This means musical taste will continue to decline until we have mobile ringtones in the charts.

HSC
what the hell are you talking about?
the populous isnt getting dumber, or smarter.
mainstream music has always sucked. its just that no one remembers the mainstream artist from before our time becayuse they died in their ugly arses.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I have a feeling this thread is going to turn into bitching about different styles of music.

I PERSONALLY don't like heavy metal, black metal, thrash etc, but somehow, it seems to appeal to some people. That's why we still have it. Pop music obviously appeals to people because it CERTAINLY hasn't died. etc...etc... etc...

But there are crap musicicians in EVERY GENRE. That doesn't mean they are all crap. People relate to different things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)