Music while studying? Distraction or Motivation...?!? What do you think.... (1 Viewer)

Music while studying? Distraction or Motivation...?!? What do you think....

• Total voters

Examine

same
HSC
Same.. Although since I listen to music while doing maffs, it makes studying for other subjects really boring :/
Really? I do Business Studies with music and it seems fine.

Aysce

HSC
Have you tried using music in your other subjects or are you assuming it won't work?
Um i'm assuming it won't work because my study is based on reading and comprehending. Although, I might try to do this with less eccentric music

deswa1

HSC
Um i'm assuming it won't work because my study is based on reading and comprehending. Although, I might try to do this with less eccentric music
Give it a go, you might be surprised. Having said that, if some material is really dry and hard to get, I might turn the music off for a bit to really understand it.

Aysce

HSC
Give it a go, you might be surprised. Having said that, if some material is really dry and hard to get, I might turn the music off for a bit to really understand it.
I understand most of the content, it's just the reason why I lack studying for my other subs apart from maffs is the lack of music and the silence. God, it's so boring.. Yeah i'll give it a go.

HSC
personally, I find listening to classical music helps me to relax, clear my mind and therefore allowing me to focus while studying.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I only listen to instrumentals when studying because songs with lyrics distract me

madharris

HSC
N/A
I can't listen to music that i've heard before while studying otherwise I end up singing in my head and just end up reading but not absorbing

So i listen to baroque music (music from 1600-1750 :wink: ) that i've never heard before

converge

HSC
N/A
It is ultimately up to you. You cannot follow what others do here. Do what you believe is right and stick to it.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I find it impossible to listen to music while doing my homework, assignments or study :(

premskies

HSC
like many of the bosers have said, depends on the individual however, personally, music is fine when i'm studying and actually is something that keeps me motivated for longer amounts of study time. despite this, i don't listen to music whilst studying when exams are looming..

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Although I would like to, if I play music, I find it harder to hear myself think and so little information is absorbed.

premskies

HSC
Although I would like to, if I play music, I find it harder to hear myself think and so little information is absorbed.
let me just add; i dont have the music blasting haha, its just played faintly in the background..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)