Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
History can be changed, but your prophet's words remain immutable and 'true'?

You may just be a forum troll, but at least the others make sense from time to time (tattoodguy, for example).

googooloo

HSC
Generator said:
History can be changed, but your prophet's words remain immutable and 'true'?
Yes htis is true. BUt i will not begin an arguement withu, i have found that oen must beleive insilam ot undersntad truely the essence of islam and it's ways and the hadith, the qur'an and all teachings and laws.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
googooloo said:
LIke how i was readn da ohtr day that the holy trinity nad divnity of god came about when soem humans deicded to define the doctrines and such 300-500yrs afta christ. By that tiem poor jesus' messgae as been lost , thereofre equalling the whole thigns a sham. CUase humans made up the divinity of jesus and god in 3 parts. God is god, and he was not born nor cannot die, god does not have sons, ifso then adam and eve are divine, if so then abrahams son form his barren wife is divine, those idiots didn't think of those things before they made that stuff up.
googooloo said:
books dont tell u everything
I think you kind of ripped your own argument apart.

I_F

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Either way, it's no reason to deride her. Argue the opinions, don't make it personal. Everyone has a right to their opinion, be it moderate or fanatic, and not everyone can type well. It's just the way people are.

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
It isn't hard to go through your post and put in some paragraphs and correct some spelling. If I remember correctly, MoonlightSonata has told (her?) to make (her?) posts coherent.

True, he did, but he did it in a much less vociferous way.

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Shrug. We probably should leave it there. Best stop derailing the topic and get back to waiting for a reply, I think. :)

I_F

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
people at work are so nice
coz its ramadan and we break our fast at like 6.05pm..when im working and fasting they let me have a break to get some food at the exact time
even if its busy..awh
thats nice

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
What is the purpose of Ramadan? (I know it's for discipline, but why?)

Also, my dads Islamic friend drinks alcohol as much as anyone else and when he was questioned as to why he drinks Alcohol when he's not supposed to, he said "it's a miracle you know. I put the bottle to my mouth.. and .. It turns to water instantly! A miracle!".

If only more people broke from archaic religious traditions once in a while (just the corny ones.. not christmas or anything).
in reguards to ur dads friend..i know heaps of muslims that drink alcohol
such is life
alcohol never used to be forbidden in islam
but then it changed in the days of jesus (pbuh)
some people dont care..some people go by the old ways because they want an excuse to drink it..

Explaining Ramadan

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic Lunar calendar and the holiest of the four holy months. It begins with the sighting of the new moon after which all physically mature and healthy Muslims are obliged to abstain from all food, drink, gum chewing, any kind of tobacco use, and any kind of sexual contact between dawn and sunset. However, that is merely the physical component of the fast; the spiritual aspects of the fast include refraining from gossiping, lying, slandering and all traits of bad character. All obscene and irreligious sights and sounds are to be avoided. Purity of thought and action is paramount. Ordained in the Quran, the fast is an exacting act of deeply personal worship in which Muslims seek a raised level of God-consciousness. The act of fasting redirects the hearts away from worldly activities, towards The Divine.

The month of Ramadan is a time for spiritual reflection, prayer, doing good deeds and spending time with family and friends. The fasting is intended to help teach Muslims self-discipline, self-restraint and generosity. It also reminds them of the suffering of the poor, who may rarely get to eat well. It is common to have one meal (known as the Suhoor), just before sunrise and another (known as the Iftar), directly after sunset. This meal will commonly consist of dates, following the example of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon Him. Because Ramadan is a time to spend with friends and family, the fast will often be broken by different Muslim families coming together to share in an evening meal.
Fasting is also an excellent detox for your body..as it cleanses your system.

um that should explain it

googooloo

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Her religious fanaticism does nothing to help her either.
Fanaticism? What's with labels...moderate, fenatic, extremeist! I hate htem, stupid media. There are enough sub-groups in Islam as their is we do not need more labels, we are all one.

Besides, some may call my attitude towards Islam devout...neva new how to spell dat word...

Is my writing good enough for u now? SO I write fast, and so my text is sometimes muddled, but if you actually read...though you wouldn't know what that is (i am talking different to having read a numerous amount of books, you shall not understand, but...)....if u did, then you would see the word in the muddle, my friends do via msn and txt.--Most of the time unless every owrd afta da odr if messed.

I am just Muslim, I am not fanatic at all. I am the way a normal Muslim should be, a believer. And on the point of da dad's friend drinkning alchohol, it is wrong, he would know that, he comment so sarcastic, and I thought I was bad with that...but it is only the duty of other Muslims to guide that person away from such things, and tell them they should not do wrong and be only good, but it is up to Allah to do the judging not us here on earth.

Was that too fanatic for you? Geez, some ppl jsut don' get it...oh and i am 1/2 Jamaican so when I write some words it is how u'd say it in JA. dat(being one of da words) is prob. caused some confusin, but u should be able to undrstand dat u kno.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
tempco said:
ramadan mubarak to you too, and for all of you out there. :)
I'm always looking foward to Eid (the kid inside me always wants money).

googooloo

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
No. I wasn't labeling all muslims as fanatics, I was calling you one.

I knew that and that's why I was complaining about your use of words and that there are already enough labels. I knew it was not a general statement. Derrr.

Last edited:

googooloo

HSC
From Sunday:

SHEIK KHALID YASIN, LEADING A DISCUSSION GROUP: When they talk about fanatic extremist, they really are talking about young male Muslims. How do you feel about that? Does it make you feel angry, disappointed or — what do you think?

DISCUSSION GROUP PARTICIPANT: Basically people look at Muslims these days with the wrong scope. They look at us like we're criminals, people who want to see destruction and things like that.

SHEIK KHALID YASIN, LEADING A DISCUSSION GROUP: How do you feel about the fact that the Government is saying we should set up some new rules to make sure that no potential terrorists are developed or cultivated. And also we want to see inside the mosque and places and so we can see before something happens. How do you feel about that? Because that's what's being talked about. Now, if they didn't say exactly that, I'm telling you that's what it means.

DISCUSSION GROUP PARTICIPANT: It's an absolute joke how far this has gone about everyone being prejudiced about Muslims. If anything was going to happen, like a terrorist activity or anything, it would be basically because of the pressure being put on Muslims by non-Muslims causing dramatic pain, you know what I mean?

Generator

HSC
N/A
No, googooloo. People see those who preach 'hate' and offer anti-Australian critiques (that is, critiques that seek to shatter the status quo by actively denouncing Australia as a secular liberal-democracy, albeit one with a judeo-christian base) as being dangerous, be they 'Islamic' or not. Few people look at all muslims as though they are crusading terrorists.

Admittedly, much of what is reported about Islam in Australia appears to be sensationalised, but such sensationalism normally has at least some grounding back here in reality. It would be great if people such as yourself realised this and acted accordingly (keeping in mind that this is Australia, not a state that is a part of an Islamic caliphate). Also, it would be appreciated if some realised that all here are in a sense ignorant, and that it's not just those who are critiquing Islam as it's practiced today who are possibly ignorant, because many posts within threads such as this display a poor understanding of the cultural and political norms of the west in general and Australia in particular.

Frigid, if you are reading this, yes, I do realise that I am myself ignorant of a great many things and that I have much to learn when it comes to China. However, I'm still going to heap scorn upon any blind 'nationalism will bring us victory' cheerleaders who I come across (be they in support of China, Australia, or any other country) :).

Last edited:

viviena

rawr.
HSC
Have you been reading what I've been saying? Yes, the East has influenced the West (it's worked both ways, I would imagine), but the simple generalisation of 'UNCULTURED EUROPEANS + ENLIGHTENED ISLAMIC CULTURE = RENAISSANCE' is unsubstantiated. By agreeing with this statement, you seem to be suggesting that Islamic culture was solely responsible for creating all that was good and great in early modern Europe. I simply object.

googooloo said:
it is as simple as, pride, beleiveing that im beta than u and racism.
Perhaps some people just have an interest in pointing out the flaws in what they believe is an erroneous view of history? It's not like I'm up in arms simply because you've offended my European ancestors (seeing as I don't have any), and it's not like I keep on replying to your inane posts simply because I believe I'm better than you on the account of my race and culture. If that were the case, perhaps I should be on my soapbox extolling the greatness of everything generically East Asian.

Why im saying this? Becuase it re-enforces thae fact hat history can be changed, books dont tell u everything, u'd really have to go back in time to see but u cannot, but if u look carefully enoug u'll see the truth in soem places, but i dont suspect u'll understand even when i speak the plainest truths to u. People beleive what htey want ot hear.
Of course historical FACTS can be changed, and I'm well aware of the physical impossibility of travelling back through time. History though is the pursuit of knowledge, and since we don't have a time-travel machine, the best we can do is rely on archaeology and the study of sources and how well they corroborate with each other (if they do at all). In other words, making INFORMED opinions based on what we know and have from multiple sources. That a lot of your historical views of the Renaissance seem to have been formed based on watching an Islamic history video with a likely bias don't really convince me of your superior knowledge.

SO... how do you know this TRUTH?

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Arabic philosophy is not important as original thought. Men like Avicenna and Averroes are essentially commentators. Speaking generally, the views of the more scientific philosophers come from Aristotle and the Neoplatonists in logic and metaphysics, from Galen in medicine, from Greek and Indian sources in mathmatics and astronomy, and among mystics religious philosophy has also an admixture of old Persian beliefs. Writers in Arabic showed some originality in mathmatics and in chemistry - in the latter case, as an incidental result of alchemical researches. Mohammedan civilization in its great days was admirable in the arts and in many technical ways, but it showed no capacity for independent speculation in theoretical matters. Its importance, which must not be underrated, is as a transmitter. Between ancient and modern European civilisation, the dark ages intervened. The Mohammedans and the Byzantines, while lacking the intellectual energy required for innovation, preserved the appartus of civilsation - education, books, and learned leisure. Both stimulated the West when it emerged from barbarism - the Mohammedans chiefly in the thirteenth century, the Byzantines chiefly in the fifteenth. In each case the stimulus produced new thought better than any produced by the transmitters - in the one case scholasticism, in the other the Renaissance (which however had other causes also)

- Russell on Religion

The truth of the matter is that no civilisation stands in isolation from other civilisations - and in fact civilisations sometimes blur into one another so it's hard to tell where one ends and another begins. So, while Europe founded itself on Islamic civilisation, Islamic civilisation borrowed heavily from ancient Greek and contempory Indian knowledge.

Therefore, we could easily re-title this thread, 'Repaying Islam's Debt to Greece and India'.

And as we anticipate the decline of Western civilsation (in the next 100-200 years or so) we could re-title this thread yet again. That is, 'Repaying China's Debt to the West'.

Yes, we all acknowledge those brilliant men and women in history who made great discoveries. However, the point remains we should improve on those great discoveries and make even better ones in the here-and-now. Not only are the benefits immediate but the next generation will thank us for it.
just a little something from another forum.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
Originally Posted by katie_tully
Can Non-Muslims and Muslims be friends?

yes, they can! absolutely!!
i know this for a fact because one of my best friends is a muslim and yes we do have a lot in common even though we don't share the same religion.....the ideas in christianity,islam and judiasim is basically the same and religion has never come in the way of our friendship for the past 5 yrs since i have known her.
in fact she is one of the nicest ppl and not just her..other muslims in my skoool too..i don't know what's all the fuss is about.....i thought australia was suppose to be accepting of all ppl from diverse backgrounds and beliefs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)