MX2 Past Papers & Answers (1 Viewer)

M

medhat tawfik

Re: Ext 2 Past Papers + Answers

Only some of the papers on the net come with solutions. Most don't. I've done it deliberately that way and would like to keep it that way.

Lets suppose all the solutions to every paper were on the net. Then students would be training themselves with hundred of papers with worked solutions available for every paper.

Then all of a sudden they have to sit an assessment task without access to solutions - an experience they have NOT trained for at all.

It's better to have papers you don't have solutions for and do them thoroughly enough to know you got them right. This will be more of a struggle, but ultimately this is going to do you more good than having easy access to all the solutions.

Originally I didn't post up any solutions when there weren't many papers online. But over the years the number of papers online has grown to well over 200. So it's OK now to put up solutions to some of the papers from time to time.

But I still won't be putting many solutions up.
I can understand your viewpoint Buchanan, and quite frankly I agree with you. However, the extension two course does present challenges in terms of the different types of questions asked. There is absolutely no-one who will figure out every single question on their own...no matter how long they sit on it. Teachers included.

Perhaps the solutions to difficult papers should be posted as a priority then. What I mean is, before uploading the more average schools, it may be more useful if Sydney Grammar, Moriah, CSSA, James Ruse and such schools were posted instead of the easier papers.

Not criticising or anything though, you've done a better-than-perfect job with the whole maths resources issue.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

Only some of the papers on the net come with solutions. Most don't. I've done it deliberately that way and would like to keep it that way.

Lets suppose all the solutions to every paper were on the net. Then students would be training themselves with hundred of papers with worked solutions available for every paper.

Then all of a sudden they have to sit an assessment task without access to solutions - an experience they have NOT trained for at all.

It's better to have papers you don't have solutions for and do them thoroughly enough to know you got them right. This will be more of a struggle, but ultimately this is going to do you more good than having easy access to all the solutions.

Originally I didn't post up any solutions when there weren't many papers online. But over the years the number of papers online has grown to well over 200. So it's OK now to put up solutions to some of the papers from time to time.

But I still won't be putting many solutions up.
agree to an extent :lol:

The Nomad

HSC
Re: I just need the 01 and 08 James Ruse papers now.

Lol nobody uploaded the 01 James Ruse paper yet.

Somebody has already uploaded the papers. I have some solutions which I'll add. I'll add more solutions by Saturday. My net is lagging and I'm having trouble uploading.
Saturday was 24 hours ago :)

Movie_Guy

HSC

Hey, Can anyone post the Ruse 06 paper up ? Solutions are there but I I haven't seen the paper anywhere

Akiheart

HSC
N/A

index.html
Is it just me or do the pdf files for past papers no longer load????
I always get the message "the file is damaged" for every file i try to download for some reason??

HSC
N/A

Well I just tested a few files from the angelfire site and they seem to be working.

HSC
N/A

No. I didn't. Do you think I should?

(EDIT: They are now included)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

Is it on the net?

If so, where?

HSC
N/A

OK. Thanks for the email. I've added them to the zip files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)