My BEAST (1 Viewer)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
underthesun said:
with 7k, i'd build a beowulf cluster of computers to raytrace quake 3 :).
With 7K i could pay off one year of Med and still have money left over.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
computer specs are not proportional to dick size.

i cud think of so many other ways to spend 7000

Kez_136

Yeah I know someone who can beat you on the overclocking side of things..... my associate

BlooD_OmeN from www.modcity.org

Pentium 2.8C running @ 3.82 on Water Cooling, so theres no point about bragging overclocking :p.... what's the point anyway????

Last edited:

Mithoric

HSC
I'm running essentially the same but I can guarantee it was cheaper and runs faster, what manufacturer and version is your gear? It's not what it is, it's how it's made that really determines how good it is.

I have 3gb of ram (corsair 400Mhz), OC'd AMD CPU, and an Asus 9800XT which is also OC'd. I recently moved to water cooling for my CPU, I can highly recommend it!

Mithoric

HSC
underthesun said:
with 7k, i'd build a beowulf cluster of computers to raytrace quake 3 :).
There is already a project that raytraces Quake 3, from what I've read it runs well. It's based on OpenRT.

allstarr69

hey mithoric.. what water cooling setup did you use? is it effective? what r your temps

3 gb of ram.... hmmm are u sure ull need all of that?

Mithoric

HSC
Allstarrr said:
hey mithoric.. what water cooling setup did you use? is it effective? what r your temps

3 gb of ram.... hmmm are u sure ull need all of that?
I don't need it no, I won 1gb in a comp, brought 1gb and used 1gb from my last computer so I didn't waste money really :uhhuh: .. But it couldn't really hurt to have that much ram. For anyone other than the average user I would recommend 1gb as a minimum. 4gb is really where you stop seeing any performance gains though. Only the CPU, 1 ram module, and motherboard came from the shop. I got my vid card from ebay and reused what I could, that's easily the best way to stay up with the times. Granted the cost of the cpu/mobo combo was only just under what you'd pay for a new pc from dell or similar lol.

I'm using a swiftech h20 watercooling setup. (8550)

It sits at about 25°C under no load, and under heavy load it hardly goes above 35°C. My previous thermaltake volcano used to give results like 30°C - 41°C which was pretty unacceptable in my eyes.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Allstarrr said:
wtf? the thermaltake case is mad. It looks mad, its got fan speed control with like 7 fans and is really spacious.

take a look

what are the extra feaures?

I managed to get it up to 3.8 Ghz but Im not keeping it there cause the damn thing runs WAY too hot. Like up to 68 C full load.
computer.JPG (96.9 KB, 16 views)

i see the little buttons on your MX700 haven't worn out yet.

Mithoric

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
i underclock my cpu to 1.7 GHz and run fan at 2500rpm, quietness :D

pfft to overclocking.
Haha, I was going to underclock because my HSF was just to damn loud but instead decided that I should try going watercooled.. It's so damn quiet, I can't hear a damn thing over my video card's HSF which I can only hear if I take the side off my case or put my ear up to the window of it.

I want to get a centrurion case they look pretty damn nice, mine is just one of those generic windowed black cases that flodded the market a while back, nothing special.

Last edited:

asdf

HSC
Are there any annoying maintanence required for water cooling? ie replacing water etc...?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
asdf said:
Are there any annoying maintanence required for water cooling? ie replacing water etc...?
Yes, you gotta fill up with water once in a while.

also if you don't instally it properly it may leak.

It is also expensive. personally, I would rather spend $100 on a zalman cooler (unless you want to overclock)

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
jm1234567890 said:
i underclock my cpu to 1.7 GHz and run fan at 2500rpm, quietness :D

pfft to overclocking.
hahaha
quietness is good...but my nice lil computer has 7 80cm fans in it (exc cpu)...very hard for it to be quiet
and all the pretty lights *oooh*
to think i got my comp jus as all the new stuff was coming out...means that i won't have to upgrade until all the bugs are worked out of the new tech:)

hastemaker

I have only one message to all you nerds out there boasting over computers. It takes three words: "Get-a-life"

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
hastemaker said:
I have only one message to all you nerds out there boasting over computers. It takes three words: "Get-a-life"
hastemaker you've only made 3 posts on the forums and none of them are constructive..
i think the one that needs to get a life is you
lighten up geez

the only thing you do is criticise other people...if you don't like it then why are you reading it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)