My BEAST (1 Viewer)

Mithoric

HSC
asdf said:
Are there any annoying maintanence required for water cooling? ie replacing water etc...?
Yeah like was said you need to refill it once in a while. Although I don't see any air bubbles going through yet.

Originally Posted by zoodboog
well, I have an athlon. you all just got owned
I also have an athlon, an fx I might add ;) ...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Mithoric, what water block did you get? I'm thinking about going water for the CPU and vid card for the next upgrade (whenever that should be).

I might even go water soon, because I can't seem to get my OC up very good for the Athlon 64 3200+. I know that the 754 socket AMDs along with my K8T800 board isn't that good for OCing, but I can only get the FSB up to about 210 before instability. Temps go up 12C idle to 50C with just a 88MHz OC, and that doesn't bode well with games like Doom 3.

And please don't tell me you have a FX-53, for I shall then be forced to rip out my hair in a jealous rage. :D

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
wrx said:
didnt the x800 outperform the 6800? in the majority of resolutions? in apcmag i think?
The X800PRO seems to be a bit of a underperformer overall, probably due to it's 12 pipelines (as opposed to the 6800 GT's 16), so it's pretty much an impossibility to OC this thing upto X800XT speeds (like you can with the GT to Ultra).

As usual, the X800s tend to perform better at Direct3D games like Half Life 2, and 6800s at OpenGL, like Doom 3, although the new Cat 4.9 betas have allowed the X800XT to overtake the 6800 Ultra in Doom 3 @ 10*7, *I think* 4xAA, 8xAF.

The more relevant argument lies with the 6800's hardware feature of Shader Model 3 though, that will tend to give the X800s more problems later on in terms of competitive performance.

However, at the moment I'm more than happy with my X800XT-PE, and SM 3.0 isn't a bother for me because I intend to upgrade again before Unreal 3.

EDIT: Oh shit, didn't realise I already replied to that quote. :D

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
JKDDragon said:
The X800PRO seems to be a bit of a underperformer overall, probably due to it's 12 pipelines (as opposed to the 6800 GT's 16), so it's pretty much an impossibility to OC this thing upto X800XT speeds (like you can with the GT to Ultra).

As usual, the X800s tend to perform better at Direct3D games like Half Life 2, and 6800s at OpenGL, like Doom 3, although the new Cat 4.9 betas have allowed the X800XT to overtake the 6800 Ultra in Doom 3 @ 10*7, *I think* 4xAA, 8xAF.

The more relevant argument lies with the 6800's hardware feature of Shader Model 3 though, that will tend to give the X800s more problems later on in terms of competitive performance.

However, at the moment I'm more than happy with my X800XT-PE, and SM 3.0 isn't a bother for me because I intend to upgrade again before Unreal 3.

EDIT: Oh shit, didn't realise I already replied to that quote. :D
upgrade b4 unreal3?

your crazy :s....

i'm sure your X800XT-PE will give decent frame rates....

Collin

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
upgrade b4 unreal3?

your crazy :s....

i'm sure your X800XT-PE will give decent frame rates....
I know I'm crazy mate, but you must realize I'm a graphics whore. :D Also at around that time the X800XT-PE's lack of SM 3.0 support is gonna start to bite me in the balls. I'm always into the current top FPS, and combine with the fact that I'm a gfx whore it really doesn't bode well for the wallet like you implied.. but hey, there are always sacrifices when one is into the expensive hobby of PC gaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)