my BIGW induction was the most boring 7 hours i have spent (1 Viewer)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
I had my BIGW induction yesterday from 10:30am till 4 in the arvo & there where over 150 new staff beeing inducted. they said a person aged 18 to 20 gets paid $10.40 & u get an auto payrise on your birthday.

so my first nightfill shift is on the 30th. there so much to look forward to this new job.

& yes all 150 people got paid for this induction

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
what were you expecting? dancing bears and girls with hula hoops? of course it was going to be boring, its a freakin induction, you sit there and read through a freakin book.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
150 new staff? Was that in one store? What a load of new names to learn.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
150 new staff? Was that in one store? What a load of new names to learn.

it was across 5 stores in nsw

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I've sat through 2 Australia Post inductions in previous years, and yes, they are quite boring, especially watching the same videos again! However, when they take you down to the floor to do a bit of "practical" training, then it's a bit more "fun". All this for a job which only lasts 3.5 weeks :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
That 10.40 is for ppl on the 3 months probation? or all..
cus 10.40 is like.. low..

think on the bright side.. you just got another $70 in your bank!!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
im guessing that "probation" is where people who stay a job only a short time get a lower amount than normally paid- if so, what about if i start a new job and my birthday falls within the probation period? would i still get a pay rise?

also...if i transfer to another store interstate does the probation period start again?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
probation at big w is like the 'trial period' other stores have, it lasts for 3 months and those new employees on probation get a lower pay rate until they finish probation..
imnot sure what would happen if your birthday fell within the probation period, maybe a slight pay rise?

Johno2003

Hi

I have a group interview for Big W tomorrow and what is going to be expected at the gorup interview? What task is to be given and any hints & answers for me :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
mitsui said:
18 to 20aged onli get 10.40??!
u srs? o_O
its really not that bad considering they are on probation and they dont get casual loading. Plus seen as its night fill dont u get paid a little more cause its shit hours?

its only if u start when u are 18-20

e.g if u start when 18 on your 19 birthday u should get a payrise of maybe a dollar

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
I guess it depends from what section of the store u work at

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
wevil said:
I guess it depends from what section of the store u work at
uh... no... well kinda but nightfill dont get any special payrises that im aware of. only people who get extra are red cap and cosmetics for laundry/paint money stuff. other than that its the supervisers and managers

NobodyKnows

HSC
I work at Target and I get 8.86.... 12 something on Sundays and Late-night Thursday.... which I do tomorrow. Goes up like, 20c when I'm 17 next month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)