my bio class is so backwards help pls (1 Viewer)

zahri992

HSC
hi all...
i'm in year 12 now, and need some advice regarding my bio class.
my teacher decided it was a good idea to work backwards this year, so we've started and completed mod 8 and now we are about a quarter way through mod 7. I am really struggling to understand concepts as we haven't learnt about the basics so it is hard to comprehend what my teacher SPEEDS through in class.
i got lucky and bagged 100% in the first task because it was our depth study, but I fell VERY behind with notes and haven't even done a quarter of mod 8 notes. what do I do about this? is it a better idea for me to make notes in the order my class is going in or should I make notes in order from mod 5 first so i understand better for trials and the actual hsc?
or, should I skip mod 8 for now and work on mod 7 notes because it's less to catch up on and try do mod 5 and 8 notes in the holidays?
any advice, i don't want to waste the subject when I could get a band 6 :/

lolcti

HSC
N/A
hi all...
my teacher decided it was a good idea to work backwards this year, so we've started and completed mod 8 and now we are about a quarter way through mod 7. I am really struggling to understand concepts as we haven't learnt about the basics so it is hard to comprehend what my teacher SPEEDS through in class.
i got lucky and bagged 100% in the first task because it was our depth study, but I fell VERY behind with notes and haven't even done a quarter of mod 8 notes. what do I do about this? is it a better idea for me to make notes in the order my class is going in or should I make notes in order from mod 5 first so i understand better for trials and the actual hsc?
or, should I skip mod 8 for now and work on mod 7 notes because it's less to catch up on and try do mod 5 and 8 notes in the holidays?
damn girl I can't help you regarding this but you devoured the accelerated courses 😍😍

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
hi all...
wtf why would she go backwards thats kinda dumb

also why would u make mod 5 notes now if u havent learnt it yet

as.merd

HSC
wtf why would she go backwards thats kinda dumb

also why would u make mod 5 notes now if u havent learnt it yet
[/Q
hi all...
wth shes setting your class up for failure, how are you meant to understand anything about infectious diseases if you havent even learnt about dna, genetics, replications, etc. cause they all connect with each other. did she say why shes going backwards ??

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your result in your first assessment task! 🥳 I did not take Biology myself, so I cannot provide direct insights regarding the content. However, I will still offer some thoughts.

I assume that your first task assessed Module 8. If that were the case, then your Module 8 notes would no longer be the priority since your knowledge of this module was already assessed, and will not be reassessed until your trial exam and HSC exam (please correct me if I am wrong). This can enable you to focus on your Module 7 and/or your Module 5 notes for now.

In terms of whether you should emphasise your Module 7 or your Module 5 notes at this stage, I would personally recommend sticking to the order in which your teacher is covering the content. That would allow you to avoid any unnecessary confusion that can potentially occur if you are covering a particular module while your class is covering a different module. In your case, this means focusing on your Module 7 notes and subsequently completing your Module 5 and Module 8 notes during the holidays.

To assist with making your notes, I would recommend downloading a set of pre-made notes for each module (which can be found in the Notes & Resources section). Not only can you use these as a guide to make your own notes, but you can also use them as additional study material to complement your own notes.

Finally, I would encourage you to always seek clarification with any aspects of the content that you might not fully understand from your teacher. You can also receive assistance by creating threads on BoS. This applies to all your subjects.

I hope this helps! 😄

Cherryy9

HSC
Hey there,
I am a bit late to this thread, however I think it is important to learn the syllabus in order. It is in that order for a reason. I also think that starting from the beginning whilst juggling class may be a little difficult but in the end it will be worth it. I personally had a teacher who did not come from a biology background and struggled to teach the syllabus. However, I graduated in 2023 with an atar over 95 and a band 6 in biology. I was ranked 1/67 students in biology and was one of only two who received a band 6. I think getting the right resources (such as textbooks and YouTube videos) can really help you to learn the content. I have a Pdf copy of the bio in focus textbook which I can send you for free if you need. I also tutor biology both privately at an affordable price and at a centre. Feel free to reach out for help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)