My exam is longer than yours. (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Apparently UNE don't like to divulge actual marks? Will have to enquire :(
I got a D and 2 Cs. My third D! I had to do it at least once more haha.

HI HELLO DEGREE.

EDIT:
blue_chameleon said:
Talking about that, I now have access to transcript paper and the grading system at uni.

Hey guys, what are your student numbers? :D
Speaking of this, how many times can we get our transcripts printed out before they start charging? Or is it always free?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
em_516 said:
Apparently UNE don't like to divulge actual marks? Will have to enquire :(
I got a D and 2 Cs. My third D! I had to do it at least once more haha.

HI HELLO DEGREE.

EDIT:
Speaking of this, how many times can we get our transcripts printed out before they start charging? Or is it always free?
Always free, because the Hubs don't carry cash. :D

Congrats on the marks guys.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I got through all of my courses. Pretty happy considering the drama.

I got a D in the course that I had a bunch of drama with plagirism.

blue_chameleon

HSC
jumb said:
I got through all of my courses. Pretty happy considering the drama.

I got a D in the course that I had a bunch of drama with plagirism.
What was that about? What happened man?

~untitled~

HSC
Haha, got a P, a C and a D, am still waiting for one subject, but at least know i will have passed it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
What was that about? What happened man?
I had a rough semester with friends. In one course, a very close friend who was my partner pulled out the day before an assignment (worth 15%) which was also less than 2 weeks before the final project worth 30%.

I also did a first year SENG course. When the 3rd and final assignment was due, I had a few other things due so I completed it ~2 weeks before that and submitted it. It was some of my best work, I was very proud.

A few weeks later during stuvac, I get an email from the lecturer asking me if I could come in and see him about it. I still had some big assignments due so I was in already so went and saw him that day. I get there and he tells me that there are some similarities between my work and another student's. He said their name, but cause of the accent I didn't recognise it at first. He wanted to know if I had collaborated with another student and shared ideas, but the thing is I didn't even know anyone in the course, I hardly even went to any of the lec's or tut's. When he repeated the name, I recognised it as someone who was a partner in a previous course and someone I had gotten to be good friends with.

I was shown the code of the two programs side by side, and they were close to identical. One of the classes was exactly the same, except the comments deleted and the name up the top changed, it was that blatantly copied. A lot of the other code was hacked up and jumbled around to look like it was changed.

In the end, it turned out to be a coincidence that I knew him. Before submitting I tested the program on the uni computers and didn't log off properly (fucking unix). He was the next one on and recognised the finished project. That code didn't have my name anywhere on it, so he stole it and ran with it.

Still, he's a cunt for doing it and I didn't see him in the exam, so hopefully he was hit hard by the whole thing. I ended up getting 95% for that and a D overall (I screwed up the exam it seems), so I'm over it.

Shakugan

HSC
I have just completed my first year of electrical engineering.

My results for the year. I'm stoked I managed the 90 in GENG1803, what a terrible subject.

ELEC1300: 93
ELEC1700: 96
GENG1803: 90
MATH1210: 92
MATH1220: 93
PHYS1210: 90
PHYS1220: 92
SENG1110: 95

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Shakugan said:

My results for the year. I'm stoked I managed the 90 in GENG1803, what a terrible subject.

haha yeah
biggest waste of a subject ever

awesome physics marks :eek:

Shakugan

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
haha yeah
biggest waste of a subject ever

awesome physics marks :eek:
Yeah, it surprised me considering I didn't finish any of the exams this semester, they seemed so much longer than last semester. I'm a bit annoyed by how I must have gone in the ELEC1300 final considering I went in with 50/50. The overall mark is pretty decent though, so meh.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Shakugan said:

Motherfuck. All HDs?

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Now ur just showing off.
Hahaha.

I am really freakin interested in finding out the workloads of other faculties courses, because these kind of marks (high 90's) are quite rare in a lot of the B.Com courses (esp Finance). Not to take anything away from their achievements, to only drop a handful of marks over the semester plus exam is quite the feat.

That's why in addition to my core course, i'm doing a psyc course, a history course, and a language course next semester. Feels like i'm started uni again.

Anywon done Psyc hear?

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
I haven't done psych but a fair few biomeddies have.
So, they probably would have done PSYC1030, as I think that's the course for those wanting to do a psych elective. Basically a combination of 1010 and 1020 which are (i think) meant for b.psych students..

I emailed some guy in the faculty about it, and he would have to be one of the more approachable people that I have emailed within the uni (outside of admin). Was pretty impressed really, he gave a detailed response unlike our finance heads that reply with no more than a handful of words, literally.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
So, they probably would have done PSYC1030, as I think that's the course for those wanting to do a psych elective. Basically a combination of 1010 and 1020 which are (i think) meant for b.psych students..

I emailed some guy in the faculty about it, and he would have to be one of the more approachable people that I have emailed within the uni (outside of admin). Was pretty impressed really, he gave a detailed response unlike our finance heads that reply with no more than a handful of words, literally.
Yeah. Psychology is for wackos and closet wackos

In other news, I apparently am supposed to re-enrol by the 20th or somesuch

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Yeah. Psychology is for wackos and closet wackos

In other news, I apparently am supposed to re-enrol by the 20th or somesuch
Meh.

As far as I know, no harm in not. The uni just want to organise timetabling and other such allocation of resauces.

That said, i've enrolled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)