My friend wants to drop out... (1 Viewer)

kewlu

Banned
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Anyway, I just basically had no motivation for it all year. I chose it because i love creative writing, but I guess i cant do it if forced to. I knew all year that i wanted to drop it but people kept convincing me not to, but eventually i just said 'screw everyone else' im dropping it!

Anyway, by the start of the term i had only written about 1700 words that were remotely cohesive and i knew that i wouldnt have been able to produce something of good enough quality to get decent marks, so i knew it wouldnt count in my UAI so instead of stressing and spending lots of time on it I decided to just drop it like i should have ages ago...

And what gives you the impression that im smart? lol
Fair enough, really. I hope you think you made the right decision. :)

What makes me think that you're smart? Apart from your impressive reasoning skills, perhaps your insanely excellent Trial marks, worthy of anyone above 99.

HSCsimulator

HSC
longtusk said:
And I don't know what to say to her. I'm really worried cos we go to a selective school and me and her have always been below average (consistently :0) but lately her marks have been getting worse and worse cos she's completely lost motivation and she feels like she's the 'only dumb person in the whole grade.'

For her trials she's gotten quite a few 50s, 60s, and highest mark is probably in the 70s somewhere.

I don't think she should drop out but I don't know what to do... her parents keep telling her she's not going to even get her HSC and that without it she won't even be able to get some crap job like a secretary or something so she's feeling really down about it.

If anyone has any advice I'd be really appreciative :worried:
Tell her that she has so many opportunities that people in africa don't have, so why waste your schooling chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)