my idea for creative piece (1 Viewer)

john-doe

HSC
what do u guys think about this idea that i might use for my belonging creative writing-

a guy is convicted of armed robbery and is sentenced to jail. He gets frustrated as he doesnt like it (who does lol) and thinks of an escape plan. He is successful in escaping and hopes to start a new life outside. But he realizes the outer world is much worse to spend his life than jail- he is institutionalized. knowing he cant surrender (because of some reasons) and cant go survive outside- he commits suicide!! how about that??

iBibah

HSC
Sounds good but I heard that markers hate suicide stories.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
dunno if troll or not

but either way you are dumb for the following reasons:

- as a rule of thumb suicide is a bad ending in a SHORT story unless you're a talented writer (if you are you can make anything good woo talent) and/or if it is intrinsic to previously set up plot points
- now other people can use your plot

change that ending bby imo

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
what do u think it should be like then?
Off the top of my head, have him recommit (or end just before he does) a crime to try and get back in. But you can probably come up with something better with a little thought.

dunno if troll or not

but either way you are dumb for the following reasons:

- as a rule of thumb suicide is a bad ending in a SHORT story unless you're a talented writer (if you are you can make anything good woo talent) and/or if it is intrinsic to previously set up plot points
- now other people can use your plot

change that ending bby imo
The likelihood of it being stolen is negligible with the huge amount of stories written. And it's not an overly original premise anyway.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Sounds way to much to write effectively in 40mins.

Work on 'exploding a moment'

Maybe start with him being institutionalized, reminiscing about what just happened and subtly show a change in his thinking.

Idk, think of something.

Clean Sweep

HSC
You're throwing all these wild, stupid endings around and you've only said that he can't survive. Why can't he survive? Show don't tell. If you can think of why he can't survive, you can draw on that to make a more effective ending.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
what do u guys think about this idea that i might use for my belonging creative writing-

a guy is convicted of armed robbery and is sentenced to jail. He gets frustrated as he doesnt like it (who does lol) and thinks of an escape plan. He is successful in escaping and hopes to start a new life outside. But he realizes the outer world is much worse to spend his life than jail- he is institutionalized. knowing he cant surrender (because of some reasons) and cant go survive outside- he commits suicide!! how about that??
Sounds like something that has already been done to death.

Not to mention that suicide should only be in your story if you are a talented writer, as tonnes of students use it to poor effect because they think writing depressing stories makes them sound mature when it really does not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)