my school is not offering advanced english (1 Viewer)

1ks

HSC
Hi guys am currently in yr10 and my school won't be offering advanced English only standard which is a atar killer as people say.Am really confused I need a really high altar for my course and standard won't help so should I change schools or just stay and hope for the best what do you think guys.

Thank you

Smooth Operator

HSC
^

Or get a bunch of students together and bring forward your demands to English facility, if not higher e.g. Principal.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Try to get school to offer it, i.e pettion/get parentals to complain.

If that fails leave.

wishingstars

HSC
^ I think all the users above have answered your question really well :lol:
Just as an add on though - if you believe you will be able to do well in Adv Eng or even if you're just willing to give it your best shot, do take their advice because anyone should be allowed to achieve their greatest potential :) - it's ridiculous to think a school would inhibit you from doing so.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would imagine that the reason why the school isn't offering is because they don't believe they have enough students strong enough to do well in it and thus don't have the staff available.

To form an Advanced class means cutting another class somewhere - a standard one obviously and the numbers may simply not work as there are maximum class sizes for senior classes. If running an Advanced class for a few students means that the Standard classes have to go over the maximum then they can't run the Advanced class.

astroman

HSC
highly suggest u get a group of ppl together to appeal against this

Feynman

HSC
What's your school rank? If you really care about your atar then try to leave, otherwise it's not the end of the world. I know people who have gotten band 6 in standard, and you can get over 99 with it by hard work.

1ks

HSC
My school rank is in the 400s Haha thx guys its kinda a hard decision but yh seems like leaving is the best option For me.

1ks

HSC
My school rank is in the 400s haha thx guys its kinda a hard decision but seems like leaving is the best option for me

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure even if your existing teachers teach advanced, it would be dog shit lol

1ks

HSC
Yh that's exactly what am gonna do astroman thx for ur help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)