MY SCHOOL RUINED MY TRIALS (Cheating) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

war_ali

HSC
Ok... where to start.. I apologise if this post is a little incoherent but it is hard to gather my thoughts when i'm this stressed.

More or less im in a small town of 3 high schools. Now our english tests were all bought as we found out now. 2 high schools did the english papers on the same days as we (our highschool) did them 1 day later.

A paper got removed from one of the other schools and it 'got around' if you can understand my lingo - anyways. We, the angry students front up at 830 (30 mins prior to 2nd paper, this was when ppeople realised all of the 1st papers of the others schools were all the same verbatim) and said, well people know all of paper one thoughout the town are the same, we think theere's a high chance that this next paper will be the same - and people have studied it..

We go there to find that our teachers had been informed (Thanks to a parent who can pull strings) 5 minutes earlier... and they REWROTE our entire english trial paper 2 in 30 minutes... Saying entire is an overexagguration as it WASNT in any format - it lacked the names of all of our texts, and the 1st question was missing a ?ruberic? Never the less we all had to sit it and do this dodge paper ( it started 30 mins late).

Anyways getting to the worse bit.

As the school had been told of this 'comprimisation of tests' as they so kindly/ignorantly put it we all have to resit a rewritten test 1. Ok, dandy, and our notice? about 3 days. On tuesday - along with all of our other 3 hours tests that day we get an englihs exam plonked in due to incompetency of the english staff...

Ok the bit which really makes me angry is.... the principal stressed how the problem was that a STUDENT from ANOTHER SCHOOL removed the paper - and hwow that alone was cheating and unfair (obviously) But they have no problems with a student from another school TELLING us what questions they just sat...

My school is WADE HIGH SCHOOL and i get the feeling my teachers are trying to keep this on the low.... They told everyone to avoid the media and they then lectured us about how the media 'hypes things up' yeah- good one.

Um.. so more or less wanted to see what you guys reckon? get word out... its just like this Chatswater Girls school? i forget the name- the sydney thingo.

oh wait, ps
the teachers said it had to be next week (in the middle of our others) because if it was done afterwards 'it wouldnt give the teachers enough time to mark it fairly' ahh man bs.. so angry

Anyways drop a reply here or if you have advice or know of the same kind of thing happened to you, drop me a line at war_ali@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Ali

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
Ali, the same thing happened here in my school. Well, though the case may be a bit different, since about 85% of my schoolmates knew about the existance of the CSSA trial papers on this board (before they're all removed in the next few days) and we all have studied it.

The bad news was...an honest student (I believe he's a member of this board as well) found out and instantly sms-ed our teachers, so we'll have a re-test on Extension 1, Paper 1 & Paper 2 of ESL as well as extended trials in maths and business studies. While some students who thought they didn't do well in the previous exams are glad 'cause they got their second chances, those who have seriously spent their time studying are surely disappointed they have to deal with the exams all over again.

Well, it's gonna be a long, long way to the 'END' for us...

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
theoretically you have the right to illness/misadventure appeals, and you might as well try because the worst that can happen is that the appeal is rejected.

war_ali

HSC
yeah its slack... but did you guys get much notice? or are they slotting the exam in between a bunch of other exams?.

misadvernture lol.... yeha its a joke.. it kills my day (3 hour chem before) and then thats minus a couple of hours to study for my other subjects.... why does english always get to screw every other subject..

macoboi

HSC
i also go to this school and would like to back up everything that was said.
i would also like to say that not only did the teachers force us into redoing the exam next week- we were actgually told that this is a great OPPORTUNITY to practise. please. wat a joke.
our school is trying to cover its incompetancy by blaming
1. the 2 other schools
2. the company involved in selling the papers
3. the DET
4. the BOS protocol
5. US ("well some students claimed CHEATING occured in paper 1")

i would like to see our school and our principal take some responsibility for a mistake that was our schools. our school put back our exam date (this was also blamed on the students) so final projects could be handed in sooner.
this is all the schools fault- and they need to take the blame rather than been victims- or worse still, calling an end to the "blame game"

nwatts

HSC
Well, I'd surely be pissed off if this happened to me. If the questions (in your new 'modified' paper 2) were as bad as you imply they are (no criteria/rubrick is unacceptable), I'd be calling up the Board of Studies.

Both cases (your's and CoFFee BreAk's) highlight the entire sillyness behind the trials. Frankly, I think they should either be external exams or scrapped completely. I'm erring on the side of scrapping. Increase the level of assessments, or have one 'major' in-class assessment externally marked per year (at the time of trials).

The trial exams are just such a silly pain. They're overlapping/right before major works are due, which I see as an incredibly stupid thing. They don't allow for the 3-weeks or so study break that the HSC exams have, and a lot of them are worth very considerable amounts (~40% of assessment mark is a hell of a lot if you ask me).

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
A 3-day notice and a new question made in 30 minutes would piss anyone off.

People would probably be too shocked by the new question to perform well.

macoboi

HSC
i also should mention, in relation to alis comment on the media- we were actually pretty much told we would be "putting our HSC in jeopardy" if we made any comments to the media

war_ali

HSC
editted - cut out due to request

Last edited:

macoboi

HSC
yeh its all f*cked up.
the fact we got given an exam with eveyrthing written on one page is bullsh*t. no criteria, no rubrik, no lists of texts we studied.
but that i can deal with.
i was happy with my responses to both papers.
but the fact that our principal can actually try to believe she can hide this from her superiors is inexcusable. since wen did protecting her image become more important than our futures. imagine if no1 rung th paper. this would have happened, no1 at DET ould have been any tha wiser and it all could have happened again next year. then she has the hide to yell at us wen her boss finds out and gets the shits? that we can be labelled "dibber dobbers" by some middle aged f*ck? i hate that this has happened to us, but if our english department wasent so f*ckin lazy, and could write their own paper- it never would have happened. maths write their own papers. an they are marked the next day.
our english department is up the sh*t, and i pray and pray that this happens to no1 else.

saferemergency

HSC
i go to one of the other schools that sat the test beforehand... apparently some of the teachers who supervised the exams are under raps for letting students take papers from the exam room - but what good does that do anyway? kids are always gonna talk about their paper to other kids... you cant stop it... we also did the same test as another two schools from elsewhere in the state.. who completed it before us.
if you ask me the trials are a load of bs... they are supposed to be an internal assessment run by schools... if schools got off there buts and wrote there own papers they wouldnt be in all this mess now... i was told by one of my teachers that because they were buying the paper from the 'outside' it was making it more fair for us as there would be no baised in any of the questions towards our particular stengths... but hey none of these trial papers were set by the bos anyway

Zohab

To kool for skool
HSC
HSC (high shit content)

I also go to this school, It’s so hypocritical that the fricken school system expects you to follow the rules in regards to assessments yet when a situation arises due to the negligence of the school we have to bare the grunt of the situation!!! The exam that was made at 8:30 that morning
And just to add that little bit extra shit into the mix, I do advanced Eng, but the Standard question supposeddly had already been given to them as a practice the week b4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are very few rules/regulations out there to protect us students yet there are plenty of rules to “rape” us if we hand in an assessment at 9:01AM.
Fair, I think not, this just goes to prove that we students are seen as second class citizens and the rules don’t apply to the teachers.
When is it our turn for justice, the HSC is in shambles and this situation will not last, but unfortanuatly we have to put up with this shit system for our HSC, the exam which is supposed to set up our lives, hah what a joke, if this is how the future of Australia is being tested and graded holoy fuck we are in trouble.

HSC = High Shit Content

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
Ali-brew.... maybe this should be posted in a more frequently viewed forum.
ALSO EDITED: ALSO TOO HARDCORE FOR BOS.

Last edited:

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
3 days notice....simple, dont do the test, sorry but people hu bitch afterwoulds get on my nerves, u shud read ur rights, u need 2 weeks notice, i dont know wat ur avenues are now, but contest it but in the end u hav 2 think, where will it get u? it was even for all students at ur skool no? would u hav prefered 2 do the original test and some dumbasses wit remembered essays cause they knew the questions beat u? hu cares if it dont hav tghe rubric or the texts, technically, yes, u can appeal it, but im sure u know what bloody test u need 2 write about, and if u dont, well maybe u shud study some time soon

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
have a fucking cry.

it's an internal exam, meaning everyone in your school was in the same fucking situation. just sit the bloody exam.

p.s. if i read what you wrote wrong, then i apologise and ignore my profanity. if not, shut the fuck up and stop whining.

richz

i must agree with the 2 posts above me, get over it, everyone was in the same situation

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
dawso said:
3 days notice....simple, dont do the test, sorry but people hu bitch afterwoulds get on my nerves, u shud read ur rights, u need 2 weeks notice, i dont know wat ur avenues are now, but contest it but in the end u hav 2 think, where will it get u? it was even for all students at ur skool no? would u hav prefered 2 do the original test and some dumbasses wit remembered essays cause they knew the questions beat u? hu cares if it dont hav tghe rubric or the texts, technically, yes, u can appeal it, but im sure u know what bloody test u need 2 write about, and if u dont, well maybe u shud study some time soon
Maybe "u shud" learn English sometime soon.

You guys are cockjockeys, enough said. Incoherent wanker.

Last edited:

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
Jago said:
have a fucking cry.

it's an internal exam, meaning everyone in your school was in the same fucking situation. just sit the bloody exam.

p.s. if i read what you wrote wrong, then i apologise and ignore my profanity. if not, shut the fuck up and stop whining.

And this isn't exactly the case because it is a purchased exam, our school didn't write it.

Technically, any school that sat that same paper after Tuesday the 16th of August should have to sit it again because the security has been breached.

VQ

HSC
Um...I believe dath coffeebreak is at the same school as mine (umm....guess...)...

Well, yes...we did the exam a week later than the sposed trial cssa schedule(though we managed to do Physics few days earlier, also dath our teachers made our own chinese beginner and indonesian as background speaker)...and some ppl hav put posts n discussion in this web...I am among those first realised this, I could not deny skimming through it (but I was not brave enough neither to spill this-am I spose to?- nor to download the paper available)...

Well, some students managed to find this web after all, and some...who are honest and brave enuff, reported to the teacher after all...and it ended up with 2 ESL papers + listening and mathematics extension 1 (which I was said about coz I could do the exam okay) exam re-sitted while maths and business was postponed till next week...

We got more than a week notice for all...but sadly, why we had to repeat all those ESL paper? and mathematics ext 1...I believe nobody posted the paper for this....but the teacher said they found it somewhere...

Well, so the exam was extended >.< but take the bright side, at least we have learnt and SHOULD do better next week...(hopefully) and this won't stop me from hanging around a-month-awaited-Harry Potter (I keep it after trials) and a friend's party... =)...the hardest exams (chem, ext2, and phys) have passed anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)