my teeth hurt (1 Viewer)

reuder

Hi all, I'm in the biggest pickle ever!!! I don't know what to do.
My back wisdom tooth is pushing up against the skin, and hurts like hell. The dentist said that, it wouldn't cause any problems during the HSC, and that we would organise surgery later (Feb 2004). Friday night it started to hurt and has gotten worse ever since, I can't even open my mouth! What should I do, I have two exams tomorrow. Today I had biology and I was struggling, now my head hurts.
Any advice people, should I go and fill in the illness thing, or not do it? :confused:

sub

yeah, fill it in, and go to the doctor to verify it (if u need to - i dunno)
and take some panadol?

mishka

HSC
N/A
i've had lots of ulcers in my mouth (lack of sleep, run down, etc.). i got this numbing stuff for them called SM.33. you can put it on your gum and it will also numb your sore wisdom tooth - i was out of ideas to stop the pain so i used it and it worked!!

it's a liquid that you dab on the area with a cotton bud. you can get it from chemists - probably near the oral health stuff...

you'll have to open your mouth to put it on, though...

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
DEFNITELY go get a doctors cert. whether youre gonna submit the misadventure thing or not. hopefully it won't be too painful, man i hope u feel better!!
SM33 is a great suggestion, try that. and if it hurts heaps u might wanna also get strong painkillers (panadeine) or something with ibuprofen (like neurofen) which reduces swelling and kills pain at the same time. if it's too painful to do, then just go for the no-exam/illness misadvanture option, if ur ok with getting an estimate.

good luck, hope u feel better soon!!! :uhhuh:

reuder

thanks guys for all the suggestions. I'll definitely try the cream/gel stuff, and the stronger pain killers. Panadol does nothing! It seems as it gets darker, it hurts more! Anyways thanks for everything, I'll tell you what I've done, tomorrow.

sub

goodluck dude...u sound like u'll need it. tell us how it goes tho :uhhuh: :p

reuder

P.S. It's funny how at the bottom of this page Google has an ad for "Eliminate Gingivitis". Does Google search for words in the title and display ads accordingly or is this a coincidence? :uhhuh:

sub

yeah thats how google ads work...they search for stuff on the page, then give "relevant" advertising, so each page is different...get gmail, it does the same thing there :)

raidan

HSC
N/A
lol you guys rememinded me of something funny out of a movie,
some guy gets hit by a car and hes at the hospitol and they give him morfein and ge goes "Ohhhhhh sh1t, that beats the hell out of a panadol!"

licia

HSC
ooooooh i am a fellow wisdom tooth sufferer!!! :O but i dont seem to be having the trouble you are... has ur tooth broken through gum yet? cos mine is halfway and apparently they can come through and recess a few times- thats the stage im at...

reuder

hi all, my wisdom tooth is kinda half way broken through the skin, but there's this big chunck of skin still left, that the tooth is pushing up against. I went and did my exams and got one of those forms to fill out, I also got the cream you guys were talking about, HELPED ALOT!!! thanks again!!!! NO MORE HSC YAY!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to all, to still haven't finished!

ecka

I too am suffering the wisdom tooth thing, though not as bad. I was supposed to have surgery about this time, but the surgeon left so now i can't have it here at all. Baby teething gel helps heaps. Just do the exam as best you can and definantly fill in the misadventure form. see your dentist if pain persists!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)