Name for Internet Cafe (1 Viewer)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
hey guys,

2 of my mates and i are thinking about establishing a local internet cafe, and were trying to think of some names for it, if it goes ahead.
i thought the people with the best ideas are always on BoS, so i decided to jump on here and see if you guys could help us out. any ideas are appreciated. thanks.
taglines would be good too, if you can think of any =)

thanks in advance.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
lol i knew that would be like the first one suggested.
it should also be noted, there wont really be any coffee at our cafe. so its not a cafe perse, just a room with a dozen or so computers with access to net, printers, copiers, etc.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
what's your market? youths for gaming or adults for email? you will find it difficult to appeal to both markets. one is loud, the other is quiet.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you trying to be a "premium net cafe" or just a cheap one like all the others? If the latter, I don't think name really matters that much (but it still CAN matter!)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
transcendent, we're going to attempt to appeal to both. we want the kids to be able to come in and play games and complete homework, but we also want the adults to be able to feel welcome as well. we're not going to have music pumping throughout the entire place, so each computer will be in its own little world.
i also had the idea last night of maybe holding classes in the evenings (or whenever) for people who'd like to learn how to use word, excel etc. i thought that may appeal more to the adult community.
and seremify007, its only going to be based in a smaller suburb, so it will be a relatively cheap place. we'd probably sell a few minor parts for your computer, and eventually work our way up to repairs, but it would still be a "cheap net cafe".

Optophobia

HSC
Super LAN.

(LOL, GET IT?)

You need to create a name which represents the feel of the place.. What kind of building is it?

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
its in a little ring of shops. not a big place at all. rectangular room.. dont have the measurements yet.
super-lan. very funny, justin.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
SiZmOs said:
transcendent, we're going to attempt to appeal to both. we want the kids to be able to come in and play games and complete homework, but we also want the adults to be able to feel welcome as well. we're not going to have music pumping throughout the entire place, so each computer will be in its own little world.
i also had the idea last night of maybe holding classes in the evenings (or whenever) for people who'd like to learn how to use word, excel etc. i thought that may appeal more to the adult community.
and seremify007, its only going to be based in a smaller suburb, so it will be a relatively cheap place. we'd probably sell a few minor parts for your computer, and eventually work our way up to repairs, but it would still be a "cheap net cafe".
Maybe "cheap net cafe" is a good name then? It'll definitely lure people in.

As for kids doing homework... from what I've seen with my friends- the only time they do homework at a netcafe is because they were either;
a) Playing games at the time and realised they had hw to do
b) Had a stuffed up computer and needed somewhere to print their work before school

... so my advice is, don't try to advertise to them as being an educational resource- just advertise that you have facilities which will enable them to do their work (ie. computers, printing, scanning, cd burning, office software, etc...).

Out of interest, is it going to be one of those dark-looking net cafes (ie. 1337 gamers cafe) or is it for normal people (ie. has normal lighting)?

kow_dude

HSC
seremify007 said:
Maybe "cheap net cafe" is a good name then? It'll definitely lure people in.
The first thing that came into mind about that title was "cheap" also meaning ...shit.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
normal lighting for normal people. though further in we may have game nights or something for all the geeks.
kow_dude, shutup.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
kow_dude said:
:confused:

how about... quikconnectz...or...quickclick......dashnet.... :)
sorry dude, but just know that our internet cafe isnt going to be shit. we're not going to call it "the cheap internet cafe" lol.

[trent]

HSC
quick bytes [qb].

tagline...take a byte.

Name works best if it has the cafe component as well, otherwise you loose the pun. regardless, make sure its modern and inviting

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
[trent] said:
quick bytes [qb].

tagline...take a byte.

Name works best if it has the cafe component as well, otherwise you loose the pun. regardless, make sure its modern and inviting
yeah we'd probably have like a coffee machine at best. other than that, just cold refreshments. no food or anything... id actually thought of the whole take a byte too, but the area itself isnt big enough to occupy a food preparation area as well as the computers.

7th Sign

HSC
"NERDS R US"

hahaha jokes nah I like one posted earlier...

"Internet Connection"

but its got no brand image representing games for all the kiddies to play...

any way have you even looked at the demographics of you area? have you worked out the costs of buying full xp licences for 30+ comps? have you worked out price of 30+ comps? rent? games licence? its not cheap you need atleast 30k+ to even start...unless its a backyard job

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)