Name them, Shame them! (1 Viewer)

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Young offenders could be named
October 05, 2007 12:15am
Article from: AAP

YOUNG offenders committing serious crimes like murder, rape or arson could be named and shamed under a new NSW government plan.

NSW Attorney-General John Hatzistergos has ordered a radical overhaul of laws preventing the naming of offenders under 18 years of age, News Ltd newspapers reported today.
The move for publishing young offenders' names follows public anger that two 11-year-olds were only cautioned after admitting they caused a bushfire in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.
Mr Hatzistergos told the paper a series of previous serious crimes committed by young people led him to believe it was time to look at the reasons why young people could not be named, even when they appeared in an adult court.
He cited the gang rape trial of six Pakistani brothers, four of whom had their identity suppressed because one of them was under 18 at the time of the crime.
“There have been some recent cases which have highlighted areas which need farther examination,” Mr Hatzistergos said.
“This is a particularly sensitive area of the law which must balance the interests of open justice with the need to protect young people, including those who are victims,” he said.
Mr Hatzistergos will give victims groups input into the idea that will be examined by a bipartisan committee.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22534540-29277,00.html

I'd say their parents should be liable for damages done by juvenile. In that way some people might take their parenting responsibility seriously.

K

katie_tully

That is a bit shit, I thought this thread was about naming and shaming paedophiles. Something I support whole heartedly.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
PrinceHarry said:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22534540-29277,00.html

I'd say their parents should be liable for damages done by juvenile. In that way some people might take their parenting responsibility seriously.

i never ever ever ever ever ever ever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever everever ever

Thought i would ever agree with you on anything........ untill now...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
LOL U'VE MURDER SOMEONE NOW YOU'RE GOING TO BE NAMED AND SHAMED

OWNED lmao

imsickofyear12

HSC
i think they should only be named and shamed and that be punishment enough. It is stupid to convict minors for murder when they are only doing it to better themselves in some way. The victim is dead and no pain has been caused to them so it is just stupid to punish someone for that.

imsickofyear12

HSC
katie_tully said:
That is a bit shit, I thought this thread was about naming and shaming paedophiles. Something I support whole heartedly.
It is within peadophiles hedonistic rights to use children as they wish for sexual pleasure. It is an injustice to convict them for simply doing something they enjoy. The idea that children don't want it too is just a theisitic construct places such as Hillsong church feed us through the media.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
imsickofyear12 said:
i think they should only be named and shamed and that be punishment enough. It is stupid to convict minors for murder when they are only doing it to better themselves in some way. The victim is dead and no pain has been caused to them so it is just stupid to punish someone for that.
i see what you did there...

and i concur.

im guessing you're campbellleo?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
katie_tully said:
Theres a difference between a pedophile and someone who acts on their sexual desires. I have no problem with the closet pedo who has a kink in that they are turned on by young girls as long as they dont act on it. Its kind of disgusting, but hey so is poo fetish and we dont name and shame people who do that.

Name and shame is stupid anyway, the chaser proved that. Those laws are in place for a reason, creating some sort of public backlash against a bunch of 11 year olds for starting a fire is awful. That sort of attention can last a long time, all for something they did when they were stupid little kids in primary school.

imsickofyear12

HSC
imsickofyear12 said:
It is within peadophiles hedonistic rights to use children as they wish for sexual pleasure. It is an injustice to convict them for simply doing something they enjoy. The idea that children don't want it too is just a theisitic construct places such as Hillsong church feed us through the media.
qft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)