Napoleon - good or not? (1 Viewer)

royaaran

HSC
hey i wanted to get my makeup done at Napoleon for my formal, apparently they are really good but recently i heard that majority of them are just ex students who werent even taught my pros :\

just wandering if anyone has had their makeup done there and if it looked good =] Its not a big deal but i would like to know so that i dont waste my money on nothing =]

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i got my make up done at a place but it used napoleon products. I didnt really liked how it sat on my skin. I dont know aboyt Napoleon itself though =/

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
napoleon tend to overdo things. i mean. it is a yr 12 formal. you don't want to not be able to smile because you have so much complex shit on yr face. imo professional places like that look shit and overdone. if you can do it yrself, do.

HSC
N/A
OMG I love Napoleon. They're right up there in terms of product quality on my list... the whole "it's ACTUALLY the same colour as you see it in the container" thing is totally awesome.

I've got a friend who was trained at the Napoleon Perdis school, and she does awesome makeup. I know the training there is very good - I can't guarentee that all shop employees are trained, but it's the kind of thing you'd assume.

Why not ask, and have a good chat with whoever does the makeup before you have it done. Don't let bad stuff happen without specifying exactly what you want/sitting there not liking it but not saying anything.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
melimoo said:
napoleon tend to overdo things. i mean. it is a yr 12 formal. you don't want to not be able to smile because you have so much complex shit on yr face. imo professional places like that look shit and overdone. if you can do it yrself, do.
I was so scared getting my makeup professionally done, because I'd always seen my beautician with really caked-on makeup. But I told her that I still wanted to be able to see my freckles, and she did it really nicely both times.

As long as you tell them exactly what you're after (bring magazine pictures if you see something you like), you should be fine, no matter which professionals you go to. And if you like what you see, at some counters, if you buy $X amount of their products, they'll do your makeup for free. Win!

HSC
Plus, its not like getting your hair done - if you don't like it get them to wipe it off and do that part again. I had the same make-up artist for both yr 10 and 12 formals (not napoleon) and when I felt like something was too much or not enough I just told her and she'd do it how I want. Also, if you're not used to heavy make-up it may feel like you look like a drag queen but in photos it usually looks fantastic because the pros know what looks good to others and what doesn't. Don't be scared to try :)

Always

HSC
I don't like Napoleon at all. It is too OTT for my taste, even if you ask for neutral colours. My friend got her makeup done there for a formal and they used way too much highlighter and mascara. It looked terrible.

I love Mac and Chanel for a flawless finish or Bobbi Brown for a natural look. Prices are redeemable with products so it's a good deal imo.

froggy_chik87

HSC
i got my make up done at napoleon for my year 10 formal, and went to benefit for my year 12 formal.

I was happy with both places, but before i got my make-up done in year 10, i was a bit skeptical about paying for it, so i spoke to staff in myer, and they said that the napoleon lady had been professionally trained, and was really good.
I was relatively happy with her, she did nothing too over the top, and i didn't have a cake face. My friend also went to her, who had absolutely NO CLUE in what she wanted, and she ended up really happy with what the lady did. She asked a few questions about dress etc, does she norm wear make up...and then just went by tht.

Benefit was also good. I brought in pictures of my dress, and got a pefect result. My friend who also went there (same friend, still no idea) unfortunately didn't end up happy, the lady was rude to her as my friend didn't know what she wanted at all.

Anyway, i know how to get it for free...not too sure if someone else has said this. If you go to a place in myer, where they do make-up, and you purchase their make-up instead of paying for them for their time etc. return the make up in a few days for a full refund...and there we go FREE make-up sitting session.
(if that made any sense what so ever)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
I'm a Make up Artist girlies!
though id advertise on forum, now that formals are coming up
I've had 2 years experience and work at Armani Cosmetics in David Jones, although my kit at home has several different cosmetic products that i love!

if you're interested let me know, i do account for students on a budget ;)

royaaran

HSC
Thanx for the help everyone..im still abit lost since it seems to be 50/50 here..some think its good, others dont.

well umm me and my friend approached the napoleon at westfields and we asked her how much it would cost us to get our makeup done. she said we would have to purchase $60 worth of makeup from them and then they would do the makeup for us for free. Is that worth the money?

royaaran

HSC
The_highwayman said:
the best way to know if you like it is to give it a test run first. however, this means you end up spending twice as much as you originally budgeted for.

exactly...which is pointless coz its not worth it at all.

and your the first guy to comment here lol..just thought ide point that out..good on ya =]

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
bobbi brown is awesome good.

plus their concealer is the best one i've ever had.

i got my make up done for two formals there last year and bought two expensive but very worth it products (concealer and shimmer brick) that covered the cost of the session.

i'm still using both products. they last ages.

oh and on the vein of napoleon, i'd say that it's a bit too full on with their application. not very natural. i'd veer far away from them.

*Minka*

HSC
I had my make-up done once at a place that uses Napolean products and she seriously set the makeup gun to whore. However, it was the makeup artist, not the makeup that made it look that way.

salsydney

HSC
i really like napolean makeup, but have seen some ppl come out wearing sooo much makeup from them... however, it does look good in photos... ive always thought though that napolean is somewhere to go if you love your makeup nice and obvious, not subtle..
in regards to paying $60, their staple items cost that much anyway.. like, their mosaic blush is $55 or something, which is well worth it btw.. do u have to buy makeup, or can u buy stuff like brushes? in which case, if u dont want anything from their makeup range, why not buy brushes or something?

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Tulipa said:
bobbi brown is awesome good.

plus their concealer is the best one i've ever had.

i got my make up done for two formals there last year and bought two expensive but very worth it products (concealer and shimmer brick) that covered the cost of the session.

i'm still using both products. they last ages.

oh and on the vein of napoleon, i'd say that it's a bit too full on with their application. not very natural. i'd veer far away from them.
But don't makeups normally have expire date like 2 years or so? That's what i've heard...
so in that case, no point having it to last that long right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)