Naturally smart (1 Viewer)

sepul

HSC
oh we did ? sorry I'll try harder

"fuk yeh sik bro i am soo smart i mean i do num study but still am like the best in my class!!!!!"

Flekky

the point made by sepul was that the people in this forum are continually brgging about how sic they are. i simply pointed out that no matter how good they think they are cos they dont study doesnt mean an employer is going to think they are good. they will think they are lazy and wont employ them

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Flekky
the point made by sepul was that the people in this forum are continually brgging about how sic they are. i simply pointed out that no matter how good they think they are cos they dont study doesnt mean an employer is going to think they are good. they will think they are lazy and wont employ them

i can't see the arrogance though.

if you're referring to Ms 12, her comments about her performance at school seem to me to be almost self-deprecatory because she totally acknowledges she is lazy and doesn't work that hard. how is that arrogance?

arrogance would be her going into a thread saying "yep i fucking kick ass and am smarter than you all" when the thread was totally unrelated to what she was saying.

Ms 12 is pretty much offering a personal insight on EXACTLY WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT.
she's not going to LIE about her ranks and performance for fear of sounding arrogant.

secondly, her comment that most of the people on this board are 99+'s was pretty much the OPPOSITE of arrogant. she was complimenting the OTHER achievers on this board. and honestly, it makes sense. if they're spending that much time here in the first place then chances are they care about their work and they're going to do comparitively well.

sepul

HSC
I didn't mention Ms 12, I just said a lot of people that have posted in this thread are fucking up themselfs.

Flekky

Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
Is anyone here naturally smart like myself?

you see.. i do really minimal study and get pretty good marks overall... they arent great but they are well above average most of the time... and im sure if i was actually ocmmitted heavily i could get 99+ but its not going to happen

and theres those ppl that work there arse and i still beat them.. i feel sorry for them sometimes...

this was the original post, so this thread if you wanted to stick tothe subject, which it generally does is saying "look, im lazy, i dont study yet im still sick and if wasnt so lazy and got of my ass i could easily get 99+". is that the point i'm missing? yeah, they are admitting they are lazy but then continue to say they are good cos they can get above average.
then act all elitist saying they feel sorry for people who arent lazy and still dont go well. again i stress that these people who are lazy and say they COULD get 99+ if they studied. the fact is they didnt get that score, they got a bit above average which isnt a stand out thing and when you couple that with being lazy noone is going to want to employ them. how can you not see arogance in what these people are saying ?

sepul

HSC
Ok, refer to the "Naturally smart" thread - there's a specific example*

* wholly fuck, that's the thread we're in! You don't seem so smart.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
this was the original post, so this thread if you wanted to stick tothe subject, which it generally does is saying "look, im lazy, i dont study yet im still sick and if wasnt so lazy and got of my ass i could easily get 99+". is that the point i'm missing? yeah, they are admitting they are lazy but then continue to say they are good cos they can get above average.
then act all elitist saying they feel sorry for people who arent lazy and still dont go well. again i stress that these people who are lazy and say they COULD get 99+ if they studied. the fact is they didnt get that score, they got a bit above average which isnt a stand out thing and when you couple that with being lazy noone is going to want to employ them. how can you not see arogance in what these people are saying ?
i don't see it because the thread topic is relevant to their discussion. whatever it may be. unless they're exaggerating their results, it's not arrogant. if they're stating facts, they're not arrogant. and i think the thing is, these people are saying they could get 99 - but they'll probably get something closer to 95. that's hardly 'a bit above average', that's a fucking great mark and good enough for most employers i know.

Originally posted by sepul
Ok, refer to the "Naturally smart" thread - there's a specific example*

* wholly fuck, that's the thread we're in! You don't seem so smart.
uh-huh, and you obviously don't know what specific means.

sepul

HSC
i don't see it because the thread topic is relevant to their discussion
Ok, so you admit the discussion is about these people talking them selfs up/generally being up themselfs.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Ok, so you admit the discussion is about these people talking them selfs up/generally being up themselfs.
no, it's about natural talent.

HAHAH OMFG YOURE OBVIOUSLY NOT SO SMART AHAH THATS THE THREAD WERE IN CHECK THE TITLE SIK BRO :rolleyes:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
i don't see it because the thread topic is relevant to their discussion. whatever it may be. unless they're exaggerating their results, it's not arrogant. if they're stating facts, they're not arrogant. and i think the thing is, these people are saying they could get 99 - but they'll probably get something closer to 95. that's hardly 'a bit above average', that's a fucking great mark and good enough for most employers i know.

uh-huh, and you obviously don't know what specific means.
unfortuanately, most employers dont look at your marks. they really dont care.

sepul

HSC
umm, spin spin sugar, my poor deer, my point was that since this thread is filled with people talking about how "good" then that must be the point of the discussion, heh why didn't you realise that ?

And yeah, employeers want someone capable but hardworking. There are many capable people out there, but even less that are hardworking.

Flekky

and if someone studied, and wasnt lazy and got 90 compared to you and your awsome friends who just blitz the test writing with their eyelids and get 95 without studying where both to apply for the same job. and at this early stage in our careers they employer looked at thir reports. and one said excelent effort with a 90 score and one sed no effort with a 95 score they wouldnt think "hey, if this person wasnt so lazy they could get 99, lets employ them because they may or may not go better if they put effort into what they do"
they will employ someone with a lower score that puts in effort.
i swear you people must have gatherings where you sit in a circle saying
"you're awsome"
"i know, your awsome to"
"yeah, where fucking awsome, lets start a forum thread and let everyone know how fucking awsome we are"
" i think people want to know how awsome i am, because im so awsome"
the thing is, other people dont care how awsome you are and although it may make you feel good for a period of time once you actually go out in the world and can no longer sit in circles telling each other how awsome you are you will realise that all those sessions of telling people how awsome you are was a waste of time. you could have been studying, got a good mark, got a job and you could go somewhere with your life.

P.s. i'm fucking awsome

sepul

HSC
spin - sure they look at uni qualifications, but you're a fool if you think that your UAI will limit you into what course you can do.

Two easy ways of getting in: Mature age and, do a lower course for a year, get D's or HD's and your UAI will get re-scaled into the high 90's ( not sure of the exact figures ), plus there are other options

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
and if someone studied, and wasnt lazy and got 90 compared to you and your awsome friends who just blitz the test writing with their eyelids and get 95 without studying where both to apply for the same job. and at this early stage in our careers they employer looked at thir reports. and one said excelent effort with a 90 score and one sed no effort with a 95 score they wouldnt think "hey, if this person wasnt so lazy they could get 99, lets employ them because they may or may not go better if they put effort into what they do"
they will employ someone with a lower score that puts in effort.
i swear you people must have gatherings where you sit in a circle saying
"you're awsome"
"i know, your awsome to"
"yeah, where fucking awsome, lets start a forum thread and let everyone know how fucking awsome we are"
" i think people want to know how awsome i am, because im so awsome"
the thing is, other people dont care how awsome you are and although it may make you feel good for a period of time once you actually go out in the world and can no longer sit in circles telling each other how awsome you are you will realise that all those sessions of telling people how awsome you are was a waste of time. you could have been studying, got a good mark, got a job and you could go somewhere with your life.

P.s. i'm fucking awsome
shit... you're fucking awesome.

hmm.. well i don't know anyone currently getting 95 in any subject who intends to

a) get a job instead of going to uni
b) include their marks for subjects in their resume

soo... it's basically irrelevant wouldn't you agree?

and YOU obviously care about the apparent awesomeness happening here cos you've taken it upon yourself to reply at several times.

again: i don't understand why stating facts about your academic results is saying "hey, i'm awesome". if it's a fact, it's a fact, and if you're simultaneously saying "i'm a lazy shit" then it has even less correlation to the "i'm awesome" thing.

i don't know why you react so strongly to this. it must be insecurity.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
spin - sure they look at uni qualifications, but you're a fool if you think that your UAI will limit you into what course you can do.

Two easy ways of getting in: Mature age and, do a lower course for a year, get D's or HD's and your UAI will get re-scaled into the high 90's ( not sure of the exact figures ), plus there are other options
obviously. but the UAI is a pretty convenient way of getting in.

sepul

HSC
Yeah it is insecurity, I'm currently averaging 15-25% in all of my subjects.

But like I said it's not so much what you say, it's also how you say it, the people here have NO MODESTY about them at all, and in the real world people won't stand for this shit.

How about, any of you punks that disagrees with me, give me your address and we'll "talk" it over in person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)