Need a casule job for liek 2 years, give me some good sites to check out (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ok people I need a casule job for like the next 2 years

I want to work like 1 or 2 days a week and weekends any time.

What are some good websites I should be checking out,

Also I do not want to work for coles myer or anything like that, I dont want to wait years for a interview I want to work straight away!

Chasing about 15+ bucks an hour aswell...

throw some websites at me I laready have my resume + 3 references ready to go :D

HSC
Do you live near a bunnigns? They actually need workers alot, for example the rockdale one I work at is dangerously low on workers.

7th Sign

HSC
yeah their is a bunnings about 20 minutes away form me.

they always seem to be over staffed.

Whats the pay like and what are the hours/work like? Their seems to be a lot of old people working their.

Any one a bar worker? I woudlnt mind doing that

I also am open to jobs with very late hours like 3am finish

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
seek, mycareer, career one, local paper. Also if there is a big shopping centre near you see if it has a website, see what shops are there and see if they have a site, then fill out an online application.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
7th Sign said:
yeah their is a bunnings about 20 minutes away form me.

they always seem to be over staffed.

Whats the pay like and what are the hours/work like? Their seems to be a lot of old people working their.

Any one a bar worker? I woudlnt mind doing that

I also am open to jobs with very late hours like 3am finish
Hey man, I recently got a job at a bar ... it was hell to get in as I had *no* paid employment experience whatsoever. www.mycareer.com.au seemed to have a large number of Bar/Beverage jobs when I was looking so I can recommend there. If you're in the same boat as me (no experience/no hospitality experience) then chances are you'll be going for a job as a:

"BarBack" .. Helping out behind the bar, this can inclusde restocking, preparing garnishes, assisting the creation of some drinks, general cleaning, ensuring theres always suficient glasses or ..
"Glassie" .. Picking up bottles and glasses from around the club, operating washing machines for glasses and restocking the various bar the club may have, cleaning up spills/breakages

Generally both are roles that establishments frequently allow application to when you have no experience, and are stepping stones to bar tending or barista roles when you havent worked as a tender or barista before.

edit: Forgot to mention shifts .. Im working on a roster than can range from saturday night one week to fri/sat/sun the next. Bear in mind most night clubs operate over the weekend and involve you staying there till the early hours (eg: left work at around 5am thismorning from 9pm the previous day, not all are like this but be prepared for some late nights) The beauty of this job I guess is that once you start your shift, usually you stay there till close (from alot of the other people in the industry that ive spoken to) meaning 6 odd hours per shift .. well worth it if youre job frequency is only a few days a week.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
www.seek.com.au

gave me about 100 interviews and 2 jobs

also go to websites like woolworths big w target kmart coles myer etc etc (if u dont mind working there) and go to their careers section and apply through their website

7th Sign

HSC
biomic - what are the pay rates like...

I wouldnt mind working till 5am if its like 16/hr +

7th Sign

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
maccas would probably suit your needs.

yeah im not 15 years old lol

not working at that shit hole...

I dont need a job for the money I already get a bit off ebay business's I just need a job for something to do, whilst i am studying

Undertoad

HSC
soha said:
www.seek.com.au

gave me about 100 interviews and 2 jobs

also go to websites like woolworths big w target kmart coles myer etc etc (if u dont mind working there) and go to their careers section and apply through their website
What sort of jobs were you looking for on there? No one is calling me back for an interview and i need a job

7th Sign

HSC
did one of thoes stupid woolworths things lols probly will never hear form them...

even though I am equipt with a few more info bits this time.

monzi

HSC
Big W is opening a new megastore at Bankstown. Applications are now open. I've applied for a second job. I've also used Seek.com to apply for a position at St George Bank so goodluck!! :)

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:
ok people I need a casule job for like the next 2 years
Um.. on your resume or whatever, did u write "casule"?

Employers look for simple things like spelling and grammer and I think maybe a spell check would be an appropriate suggestion before sending information to companies?

7th Sign

HSC
sent in liek 5 applications

:D

I hope i get one'

I even did that woolworths one :D

Joe-E T

HSC
monzi... can i please ask u how u went about applying for a job at the yet to be completed Big W Bankstown. It would be a perfect job for me as i live literally around the corner.. Please let me know, thank You!

Joe Bloe

HSC
7th Sign, it is not as easy as you think to just pick up a nice casual job, which will suit all your needs.. For instance, as you know i am working at KFC at the moment, it is the crappiest place to work ever. I want a new job, and have also handed in applications to other places like Woolworths etc, but in the end a jobs a job, and you take what you get if you need it.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
nik_noodle said:
if you dont need it for the money, why is one of ur criteria '$15+' ??
Umm, maybe they don't wanna be exploited and work for a ridiculously low rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)