Need A Job! Help Please =[ (1 Viewer)

mrajdadas

HSC
Hello, I've never had a job since parents have the money and they always given me money to go out but im 18 now, things change, they said i gotta get a job and i need a job but i've never worked before :(. Just need some help on where i can get a job and that
I was gonna try be a pick packer but all the jobs i look at say you need experience :(, but getting job as a pick packer be good since get heaps an hour money so be great could get one
Anyone got ideas on what i can do or what job i can get?
thanks heaps.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
just go to your local shopping centre/district and drop off a cover letter and resume to anywhere you can think of

lil-chilean

HSC
you could try fast food or a place like woolies for a while then try to get another job with the experience u have

mrajdadas

HSC
Thanks guys so far

Yer i regret not getting a job when i was younger :( and it's made it hard for me now but i can't fix that i just have to move on

I don't want a jb in maccas or kfc hate the environment be good if could get one at like kmart or coles but no jobs available atm

I would love a full time job now in anything really and wondering if anyone out there who has worked as pick packer could help me or tell me how i could get job as pick packer cause great money xD

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
If you're looking for full time work, you could try admin/reception traineeships? Reasonable work environment and you probably wouldn't work weekends.

Otherwise, apply for anything that says you don't need experience. Use your age as an advantage, with an RSA you could go for entry level bar work.

You could always try applying for pick packer jobs saying you want a start in the industry, but if they're looking for experienced people, it's likely they'll choose them over you.

Voldemort

HSC
Give up on trying to find a job that gives good money. U've got no experience and ur untrained (nothing personal most 18yrs are). You should be applying for anything, expect to get about $13p/h the high paying jobs are ones u need certificates like RSA for or experience. Like most ppl on this thread have said apply in fast food (don't worry if you don't like the environment this is only a casual job not a career and it's not that bad) and get the exp on ur resume then crawl/bite/scratch ur way to the top of the high paying jobs.
good luck

mrajdadas

HSC
That's really good advice and yes you're totally right i just need to get any job no matter about that pay and get some experience under my belt thanks for the advice

One thing RSA? whats that? (sorry if i sound dumb lol) EDIT: i just search on google umm so how would i go about doing RSA and getting certificates?

Oh and also i've search for jobs on seek careerone mycareer jobsearch anywhere else i could look?

thanks heaps :) really appreciate the help and advice =]

Last edited:

CecilyMare

HSC
Don't sound dumb on this forum. They'll all bite like crazy. Especially hard on me just cos I go to Ruse.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Try Maccas, not KFC.
Try Coles Myer or Woolworths?

Handing out resumes is also a good idea.
It all depends on your local area and where the jobs are.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
What the fuck is a pick-packer?
And cos you were too lazy to get a job any earlier, you now have to start at the same bottom wrung as all of your friends, only two or three years behind them. Where they're now in clothing retail, cafes and bars, you have to start in supermarkets and fast food chains.
I would say sucks to be you, but it's your own damn fault.

untouchablecuz

HSC
What the fuck is a pick-packer?
And cos you were too lazy to get a job any earlier, you now have to start at the same bottom wrung as all of your friends, only two or three years behind them. Where they're now in clothing retail, cafes and bars, you have to start in supermarkets and fast food chains.
I would say sucks to be you, but it's your own damn fault.
:(

ive been in fast food for nearly 3 years

gotta apply around!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Try Maccas, not KFC.
Try Coles Myer or Woolworths?

Handing out resumes is also a good idea.
It all depends on your local area and where the jobs are.
Agree with the Maccas bit. Employers are always impressed by Maccas because it shows you've been well trained. Some guest lecturer who owns a community pharmacy was telling us he really, really likes it if you've worked in Maccas, for that reason.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
so how would i go about doing RSA and getting certificates?
Look up the training sections in the job ads part of the newspaper, a lot of training places offer RSA's for about 60-90 dollars. Make sure they're accreditted as a training centre. They give you the certificate on the day, assuming you pass (it's not hard).

For the person who asked, pick packing is like warehouse assembly of items and invoicing them for shipping and distribution.

HSC
Agree with the Maccas bit. Employers are always impressed by Maccas because it shows you've been well trained. Some guest lecturer who owns a community pharmacy was telling us he really, really likes it if you've worked in Maccas, for that reason.
I've heard other people say that as well. Especially if you can stick it out for longer than a few months.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Look up the training sections in the job ads part of the newspaper, a lot of training places offer RSA's for about 60-90 dollars. Make sure they're accreditted as a training centre. They give you the certificate on the day, assuming you pass (it's not hard).

For the person who asked, pick packing is like warehouse assembly of items and invoicing them for shipping and distribution.
Hahahahahahahaha what an idiot. That's a job they're going to get some 40 year-old high school dropout to do, not an 18 year-old with even the slightest semblance of a future. The emotionally crushed dropout won't aspire to move on, but will instead just work more hours if he wants money, as opposed to the option of constantly training and retraining new 18 year-old staff.
I thought he meant stock replenishment in a supermarket or other such place. That's achievable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)