Need advice for doing biology or physics (1 Viewer)

enjoy1016

HSC
Hey guys, I need your advice!

I'm now doing biology in the year 11. My biology teacher was very good in teaching, but my friends are all in another class. Most of them are doing physics. I feel lonely! And my teacher told me that we can change subject in first 4 weeks.

Should I change biology to physics? I think I like to do Newton' laws rather than environment things. And I don't like to remember many glossary (but in some case physics have to remember lots of scientists's name?). I'm good at doing maths. But one big problem for physics is that the teacher who teaching physics in our school was so BAD! It's like if someone ask the question and the teacher gives a long answer, but doesn't answer the question!

Please help!

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
My Physics teacher tells me, you don't need to be that good at maths to do preliminary Physics.

Don't change classes because you want to be friends. Honestly. You should make a decision not based on if you have friends in that class.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd stay in Biology, teacher quality is more important then being with friends who you can always see in frees/lunch/etc

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
The quality of the teaching is definitely a huge factor. Good teachers will motivate, bad teachers will demotivate. It is absolutely possible for you to come to dislike a subject you originally had no problems with due to a bad teacher, and vice versa. Don't change classes just because your friends are in another class; after all who knows, you could form a friendship or two in this class :)

barcyy

HSC
physics is alright tbh but it depends what you like and how good you are at something.. don't be a c*nt and go with your friends. Trust me lol it's way easier to work by yourself with no distractions than friends who could disrupt your learning in class. You can always see them at recess, lunch, after school.

enjoy1016

HSC
Thanks, guys. It really helped me a lot. I'm not going to change my class:spin:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Physics have no where as much maths as you seem to think it have-which is a big deficiency in the HSC syllabus-but that's another argument for another time. DO NOT SWITCH SUBJECTS for friends, you will regret it. You should have a thorough read through the ENTIRE physics syllabus before you decide whether you will be genuinely interested in the subject. One very important factor is to consider what do you want to do in uni and whether you think physics or biology will help you more. A bad teacher can be averted by having a good tutor or good self-discipline in studying to some extent, but I need to repeat this point-DON'T SWITCH SUBJECTS JUST FOR BEING WITH YOUR FRIENDS. Because you can make friends in your current subject if you try, but if you switched the wrong subject, you can't switch back.

the_matrix

HSC
I'd stay in Biology, teacher quality is more important then being with friends who you can always see in frees/lunch/etc
This. Teacher quality is paramount!
As for physics, it's alright.. I expected it to be more fun but I guess I was wrong (maybe the topic I'm doing has an effect on that). And the maths is a mix of 2unit and general..
For the lonely part, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! I'm the only community student in a class full of selectives so yea, tell me about it.. either mingle with them or be a loner - it doesn't matter that much because 1) year 11 & 12 is about studying, not making tonnes of friends when you had the past 4 years to do so 2) even if you do remain lonely, it's only for 2 years..
I've hated my entire high school life (except for a few days of it) and I'm planning to forget all of it and start a new vibrant life in uni!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)